1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

squeeze logo part

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by barclayjohnmoore, Sep 30, 2014.

1. barclayjohnmoore

barclayjohnmoore New Member

Hi ,
    I have a logo for a new biz . I would like to make less spec between the 2 portions of the "M". I don't know how to squeeze that portion of the logo while leaving the rest unchanged. Can I somehow cut the logo, erase a portion and put it back together, sort of. I am still just learning gimp so bear with me. thanks bjm

Attached Files:

2. gimpeRaven

gimpeRaven Member

a college student, a Gimper and a gamer
    Home Page:
    It is possible to keep the rest unchanged while modifying the position of a part. Make two duplicate layers of the picture. Use a paths tool :path: and make a selection with nodes to accurately choose the part you want change. Remove the other part with rectangle :rectselect: then delete or eraser :eraser:. The first duplicate should have the ones to be kept. The other the only one you want to modify. Remove the selection after finishing editing so that the whole area of layer is active. Use alpha to selection and choose white color to remove it while the black color is retained. Put a white background below the two duplicates. Export image. Use a move tool :move: and tick the 2nd option to position the layers. You can cut and paste to new layer the part of the one to be modified to position them.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2014