A set of plugins and scripts for astronomical image processing
Not intended for scientific image processing, due to gimp's 8bit depth restriction (for "pretty pictures" only).
- Align layers using center of brightness or 2D (fourier) cross correlation or gauss fit, subpixel-resolution, with de-rotation!
- Merge layers using different mean values, including arithmetic/geometric mean, median, and arithmetic mean of x sigma around median.
- Create a background gradient (artificial flat field) from a layer by fitting a 2D 4th order polynom through pivotal points. Cut out large bright nebulae to avoid wrong pivotal point values!
- Star rounding: Round longish stars (due to tracking errors...)
- Create an artificial galaxy. Only elliptical galaxies yet.
- Create artificial stars: Using different star distributions, splitted into background, object and foreground stars.
- Set mode for all layers
- Set brightness / contrast for all layers
- Normalize all layers
- Subtract dark frame from each layer
- Divide all layers by a flat field
- Draw border with image information
- GIMP Version: