General Discussion

Optical Disk Drive Undetected

For general talk about topics that are important to you. Use this forum if your post doesn't fit anywhere else.

Optical Disk Drive Undetected

Postby mikethedj4 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:15 am

Some of you may know that my optical disk drive on my laptop was undetected, and it became a huge problem for me, but I foundout what was wrong with it, and I thought cause this was a huge problem for myself, I thought I'd do a tutorial to help others out there with the same problem. (My optical disk drive is dead, and I need to buy a new one)

NOTE: You can head to view the video in HD.

NOTE: I forgot to mention sometimes it may be a hardware issue where you're motherboard is bad, and may need to be replaced, or you may just haft to fix a cable.
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
mikethedj4

Re: Optical Disk Drive Undetected

Postby gimpeRaven » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:31 am

We have an optical drive in our pc and it can read cds (installers, burned copies etc) without problems but I tried to write/burn a cd , the pc cannot detect the blank cd. ???
(see UI Brainstorm!). Discuss or seek help from other Gimp users and developers. Be part of the to create and receive daily topics.
Gimp Users and Gimp Developer are good to try.

gimpeRaven

Re: Optical Disk Drive Undetected

Postby mikethedj4 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:46 am

That'd most likely be the case with the windows registry, the software you're using, possibly the CD, but if it reads music, detects via bios, then it's most likely the windows registry as explained in the tutorial.
mikethedj4

Return to General Discussion