davidm.me wrote:Hi for anyone that's been googling like me on how to install Gimp Themes for Gimp that's not installed in the default directory C:\Program Files\GIMP-2.0
1. Download and install Gimp Themes for Windows.
Gimp Themes will automatically update c:\program files\gimp-2.0
2. Copy C:\Program Files\Gimp-2.0\bin\Gimpthemes-v1.0.exe to the bin
sub-directory of your gimp installation. (create shortcut to this exe to
start Gimp Themes).
3. Copy all the theme folders from C:\Program Files\Gimp-2.0\Share\Themes
to the themes sub-directory of you Gimp installation.
I followed your guide but it didn't give me working themes. I finally got it working yesterday but I didn't record my actions step by step so now I can only suggest. Generally the set of actions I did comprised of:
1. Steps as per instructions at the beginning of this very topic.
2. Uninstallation of GTK runtime for windows.
3. Steps as per your instructions I quoted here.
4. Installation of GTK runtime for windows.
At that point I got themes working (using the application mentioned at the beginning of this very topic) but only two of them available instead of over 10. I did a file search for one of the themes name and I've found out that there's only one folder on my disk that contained only two themes including the one I was searching for and it was c:\Program Files (x86)\GTK2-Runtime\share\themes\
. I copied all my themes (folders) I wanted to try there and that's it.
I highly recommend the following approach:NOTE: Given paths serve only as examples!
1. Install GTK runtime
2. Install Gimp Themes for Windows.
C:\Program Files (x86)\gimp-2.0\bin\Gimpthemes-v1.0.exe
the bin sub-directory of your gimp installation. (create shortcut to this exe)
If it's not there (C:\Program Files (x86)\gimp-2.0\bin\), do a file search and find it.
3.a. Perform a file search
and find the themes store location. The location will be *\share\themes
theme folders from ? (see p.3.a.).
c:\Program Files (x86)\GTK2-Runtime\share\themes\
4. Launch Gimp Themes from the created shortcut.
5. Have GIMP closed, select a theme, APPLY it! Launch GIMP and check if the theme has been applied. If not, do not do anything random - simply report here.
6. Even in case of unsuccessful installation you may note that fonts or scroll bars width did change. Note it down when reporting problems.
7. If you managed to get the themes working, share your procedure with others!
Theme used along with Windows 7 Frame Border border padding minimal