Other

Gimp Themes v1.0 for Windows

Re: Gimp Themes v1.0 for Windows

Postby gimpeRaven » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:27 am

Maffe811 wrote:HELP!!! Ive installed 2.7.1 and i want my black theme back again... but 1st. this only shows 4 different themes on my pc, and the interface looks different... wth? and 2nd. the bright current theme is killing my eyes..... :| :| :|

I've also encountered a problem that affects the fonts in the themes and can't see them, indeed the bright ones are really flashy. It seems that every time a new Gimp is installed in my PC, reinstallation of the Gimp Themes fix the problem. Have you tried it?, if it don't work maybe its because of the name of the folders for Gimp?
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
(see UI Brainstorm!). Discuss or seek help from other Gimp users and developers. Be part of the to create and receive daily topics.
Gimp Users and Gimp Developer are good to try.

gimpeRaven

Postby Jop » Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:50 pm

I love this! Great job Gimper. :)
Jop

Postby Maffe811 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:20 pm

i have tried re-installing, didnt do a thing... but back to the old gimp, and it was a charm ;D or whatever
Got möp?
SOTW #1 ^
"Photoshop!? You don't need no stinkin' Photoshop" - We'll show you the power of the Gimp!!!
---
Honest CnC always beats crap CnC
Baum wrote:I think it doesnt has to be mentioned that self-voters have a small p....hotograph :D
Maffe811
Global Moderator

Installing Gimp Themes for Gimp-2 not in default directory

Postby davidm.me » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:41 pm

Hi for anyone that's been googling like me on how to install Gimp Themes for Gimp that's not installed in the default directory C:\Program Files\GIMP-2.0

1. Download and install Gimp Themes for Windows.
Gimp Themes will automatically update c:\program files\gimp-2.0
sub-directories.

2. Copy C:\Program Files\Gimp-2.0\bin\Gimpthemes-v1.0.exe to the bin
sub-directory of your gimp installation. (create shortcut to this exe to
start Gimp Themes).

3. Copy all the theme folders from C:\Program Files\Gimp-2.0\Share\Themes
to the themes sub-directory of you Gimp installation.

That's it ! Happy Gimp Themes

David

"Paddling upstream searching for the source"
davidm.me

Problem with themes

Postby Ov3rload » Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:07 pm

guys i have a problem:i installed it in gimp folder in bin but it says when i double-click it that didn't find libatk-1.0-0 and if i reinstall it may fix the problem.but i reinstalled it 15 times and nothing changed :( :question: plz answer
Ov3rload

Postby Maffe811 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:20 pm

Question:
Do anyone who had a sucsessfull atempt use 2.7.**** ?
Cause i dont know if it works in 2.7
And Overload, i had the same stuff like you!

But since i didnt neeeeeeed 2.7 i just went back 2.6.9...or 10.. whatever!
Got möp?
SOTW #1 ^
"Photoshop!? You don't need no stinkin' Photoshop" - We'll show you the power of the Gimp!!!
---
Honest CnC always beats crap CnC
Baum wrote:I think it doesnt has to be mentioned that self-voters have a small p....hotograph :D
Maffe811
Global Moderator

Postby Bucic » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:08 pm

Maffe811 wrote:Do anyone who had a sucsessfull atempt use 2.7.**** ?

Me :)
I use it without any problems since the release. The only problem is that I can't use Single Window Mode because the windows "fall apart" on each file opening. So I don't use it. You may ask what 2.7 specific features I use. The answer is - none :) Well, there is one. In 2.6.x GIMP Toolbars would pop on top of my othere opened windows in Win 7 even if the GIMP was minimized. It doesn't happen in 2.7.x anymore. So you can say it's the only reason for me. But to be fair I use GIMP for primitive works only so e.g. I'm simply not in a position to appreciate the new brush dynamics.

Help needed - theme buttons look weird
Bucic

Re: Installing Gimp Themes for Gimp-2 not in default directory

Postby Bucic » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:31 am

Can anybody help me? Of 90% of themes I tried buttons appear too square, blocky (elevated/deep)... so like Windows 3.11.

The only themes that gave me nice looking buttons etc. were:
AluminiumAlloy
VistaGrey

Any thoughts?

Bucic

Postby Bucic » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:26 pm

Bump? ???

Bucic

Postby sagteck » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:35 pm

It is using GTK+. That's just how it is. It's not a Gimp problem but GTK+.
sagteck

Postby Bucic » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:40 pm

sagteck wrote:It is using GTK+. That's just how it is. It's not a Gimp problem but GTK+.

I was hoping for some solutions. I even tried to 'plant' metacity folders from the themes that do give me nice rounded and flat buttons into the problematic themes but with no avail :(

Bucic

Re: Installing Gimp Themes for Gimp-2 not in default directory

Postby Bucic » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:48 pm

davidm.me wrote:Hi for anyone that's been googling like me on how to install Gimp Themes for Gimp that's not installed in the default directory C:\Program Files\GIMP-2.0

1. Download and install Gimp Themes for Windows.
Gimp Themes will automatically update c:\program files\gimp-2.0
sub-directories.

2. Copy C:\Program Files\Gimp-2.0\bin\Gimpthemes-v1.0.exe to the bin
sub-directory of your gimp installation. (create shortcut to this exe to
start Gimp Themes).

3. Copy all the theme folders from C:\Program Files\Gimp-2.0\Share\Themes
to the themes sub-directory of you Gimp installation.

I followed your guide but it didn't give me working themes. I finally got it working yesterday but I didn't record my actions step by step so now I can only suggest. Generally the set of actions I did comprised of:
1. Steps as per instructions at the beginning of this very topic.
2. Uninstallation of GTK runtime for windows.
3. Steps as per your instructions I quoted here.
4. Installation of GTK runtime for windows.
At that point I got themes working (using the application mentioned at the beginning of this very topic) but only two of them available instead of over 10. I did a file search for one of the themes name and I've found out that there's only one folder on my disk that contained only two themes including the one I was searching for and it was c:\Program Files (x86)\GTK2-Runtime\share\themes\ . I copied all my themes (folders) I wanted to try there and that's it.

2. Install Gimp Themes for Windows.
3. Copy
C:\Program Files (x86)\gimp-2.0\bin\Gimpthemes-v1.0.exe
to
the bin sub-directory of your gimp installation. (create shortcut to this exe)

If it's not there (C:\Program Files (x86)\gimp-2.0\bin\), do a file search and find it.

3.a. Perform a file search
for *.theme or raleigh and find the themes store location. The location will be *\share\themes

3.b. Copy
theme folders from ? (see p.3.a.).
to
c:\Program Files (x86)\GTK2-Runtime\share\themes\

4. Launch Gimp Themes from the created shortcut.
5. Have GIMP closed, select a theme, APPLY it! Launch GIMP and check if the theme has been applied. If not, do not do anything random - simply report here.
6. Even in case of unsuccessful installation you may note that fonts or scroll bars width did change. Note it down when reporting problems.
7. If you managed to get the themes working, share your procedure with others! :)

Theme used along with Windows 7 Frame Border border padding minimal tweak.

Bucic

Postby Rod » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:40 am

And this will work for both 2.6.11 and gimp 2.7.1 simultaneously?
That's where i find a problem using themes.You can only use it in one installation of gimp at a time.
Otherwise it seems to screw up both theme gtkrc files.

I have both installed
Rod
Global Moderator

Postby Bucic » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:47 am

"And this will work for both 2.6.11 and gimp 2.7.1 simultaneously?"
Most probably but I won't be checking it ;)

Bucic

Postby dmorris68 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:29 pm

After struggling with this for awhile, I finally got it to work on Win7 x64 with Gimp 2.6.11 installed to the non-default folder D:\Tools\Graphics\GIMP-2.0. After starting over several times, this worked for me:

1. Install Gimp Themes 1.0 and let it install to the default C:\Program Files(x86)\GIMP-2.0 location, even if you don't have Gimp installed there.
  2. After it's installed, navigate to C:\Program Files(x86)\GIMP-2.0 and copy/cut ALL folders (bin, etc, lib, shared, etc.). Just Ctrl-A, Ctrl-X from inside the GIMP-2.0 directory.
  3. Navigate to your Gimp installation folder. In my case, D:\Tools\Graphics\GIMP-2.0. Ctrl-V to paste, and allow it to overwrite all files. I'm not sure if it's overwriting newer files or not, I didn't examine the file specs for each one -- I just let it overwrite them all.
  4. Run Gimpthemes-v1.0.exe from the Gimp installation's bin folder. Choose your theme and the preview should be accurate (all fonts and buttons displayed correctly). If the themes don't look right, something was copied wrong.
  5. Click OK, and you'll be asked to confirm the overwrite C:\Users\<name>\.gtkrc-2.0. Click Yes.
  6. That's it -- run Gimp and it should have the new theme.

Notes and observations:

• I did NOT have to install Gtk for Windows. Just Gimp.
  • I have no GIMP-2.0 or GTK folders remaining under C:\Program Files(x86). I don't know for sure, but if you leave stuff there, it may conflict.
  • The theme installer is broken in that it partially ignores trying to install it to the non-default folder. Some parts will still go to C:\Program Files(x86)\GIMP-2.0 regardless of what folder you specify. Just let it install completely there, and then completely move it to the Gimp install folder. I suppose I could have written a batch script to move only the newer files and not overwrite any thing newer. I may look at doing this in the future, and perhaps repackaging the installer since Gimper doesn't seem to be active with updating the installer.

dmorris68

PreviousNext

Return to Other