General Discussion

Lucid Desktop (Web Based OS)

For general talk about topics that are important to you. Use this forum if your post doesn't fit anywhere else.

Lucid Desktop (Web Based OS)

Postby mikethedj4 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:44 pm

Well I'm not gonna lie, is my favorite web based OS, but I just foundout about another web based OS, in which I don't like as much, but I like how it was designed, and knowing me being a Linux user you'll understand why I thought I'd share about the .
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
mikethedj4

Re: Lucid Desktop (Web Based OS)

Postby gimpeRaven » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:36 am

Web based OS? First time hearing that. I know online file backups and now web based OS.

So any reviews from Speed on why Glide is your favorite webOS and Lucid Linux not one of your likes?

(BTW are the apps in the mobile desktop provided by Glide and free?)
(see UI Brainstorm!). Discuss or seek help from other Gimp users and developers. Be part of the to create and receive daily topics.
Gimp Users and Gimp Developer are good to try.

gimpeRaven

Postby Maffe811 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:22 pm

Google has one i think!
Got möp?
SOTW #1 ^
"Photoshop!? You don't need no stinkin' Photoshop" - We'll show you the power of the Gimp!!!
---
Honest CnC always beats crap CnC
Baum wrote:I think it doesnt has to be mentioned that self-voters have a small p....hotograph :D
Maffe811
Global Moderator

Postby mikethedj4 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:05 pm

Before I foundout about Glide I knew about Cloudo, and I posted an of it, and I first foundout about web based operating systems back in 2007, and I believe they started before then. used to be my favorite until they f*cked everything up. You can use Glide for free, and you can pay for additional space, I mainly like it, cause I can connect to it with my smartphone, and the software built into the Lucid Web OS sucks, and is terrible. I just didn't like it at all.

I still like Cloudo, and use it quite a lot when I'm bored, and I'm still in a mix between Cloudo, and Glide, cause I really like them both, the only advantage I think that Cloudo has over Glide is that it has a built in web browser, and a development toolkit that you can use to develop software for the site in XML.

Yeah Google has one too, and theirs sucks as well it's not cross browser, you must have IE, and it has the same damn name as their Linux OS called gOS (Stands for Good OS) and I tried their Linux OS, which is based off of Ubuntu 8.04, and I didn't like it at all, maybe it was cause of what they put in it, but it was just terrible for me.
mikethedj4

Postby Arzoroc » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:42 pm

It's not IE it's Chrome afaik
Inactive.
Spoiler: show
Willy wrote:arzorac

Maffe811 wrote:Arcoroc

David Wood wrote:Arzorac

sagtek wrote:Arzonic

Legionenigmatics wrote:azornac

Cyrilshark wrote:Argzornack, I still have to congratulate you on having the most epic signature ever. haha

*bow*
Arzoroc
Global Moderator

Postby Maffe811 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:21 pm

Yeah, i was just wondering what the hell googled did with microsoft software :P
Got möp?
SOTW #1 ^
"Photoshop!? You don't need no stinkin' Photoshop" - We'll show you the power of the Gimp!!!
---
Honest CnC always beats crap CnC
Baum wrote:I think it doesnt has to be mentioned that self-voters have a small p....hotograph :D
Maffe811
Global Moderator

Postby mikethedj4 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:01 am

Arzoroc wrote:It's not IE it's Chrome afaik

They made the web OS before Chrome was out, idk if it'll work on it now or not, cause I haven't gone to the site. I'll try, and find it in a bit, working on some legal issues now.
mikethedj4

Return to General Discussion