General GIMP help

Tutorial Ideas

Everything related to GIMP. Place for beginners to ask questions.

Tutorial Ideas

Postby mikethedj4 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:10 pm

We'll it's been quite awhile sense I've done any Gimp tutorials on , and all my gimp tutorials now are going to be advanced tutorials for . However for once I'm blank on what to do for a tutorial, and it sucks.

So could you guys give me some ideas for my first tutorial for GimpPimp???
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
mikethedj4

Re: Tutorial Ideas

Postby David Wood » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:16 pm

Make a tutorial on making animated glitter. :)
David Wood
Administrator

Postby mikethedj4 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:27 pm

David Wood wrote:Make a tutorial on making animated glitter. :)

Easy, and has already been done numerous times, and a bunch of tutorials out there to do it already. GimpPimp is where people would look for advanced gimp tutorials.

I know I wanna do a bunch of tutorials for making web layouts, but then there comes with the idea of how do you want it designed, and yeah I'm stuck in ideas (kind of like writers block). I've never gotten this before, with tutorials. I usually know right then and there.

I'm thinking probably just record, and do whatever from the top of my head, however I've never done that, and don't know how it'll come out.
mikethedj4

Postby David Wood » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:32 pm

You're right, I didn't know there was a tutorial for it. I thought I figured it out last night. :P
David Wood
Administrator

Postby Maffe811 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:15 pm

mikethedj4 wrote:I'm thinking probably just record, and do whatever from the top of my head, however I've never done that, and don't know how it'll come out.

I pretend to record stuff (i know its wierd) so that i can practice my out-loud english.... and when its from the top of my head i get chatty and forget to continue the tut :P
Got möp?
SOTW #1 ^
"Photoshop!? You don't need no stinkin' Photoshop" - We'll show you the power of the Gimp!!!
---
Honest CnC always beats crap CnC
Baum wrote:I think it doesnt has to be mentioned that self-voters have a small p....hotograph :D
Maffe811
Global Moderator

Postby sky-fyre » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:23 pm

I'm not a chatty person (half the time) so if I ever do record a tut I won't be talking :P I don't like my voice anyway.

As for ideas for tuts, I dunno. Web designing is about all I do these days.
sky-fyre

Postby mikethedj4 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:47 pm

Maffe811 wrote:
mikethedj4 wrote:I'm thinking probably just record, and do whatever from the top of my head, however I've never done that, and don't know how it'll come out.

I pretend to record stuff (i know its wierd) so that i can practice my out-loud english.... and when its from the top of my head i get chatty and forget to continue the tut :P

I do that occasionally too, and when someone walks in on you, you kind of haft to make them believe you were singing or something, to avoid the awkwardness lol

sky-fyre wrote:I'm not a chatty person (half the time) so if I ever do record a tut I won't be talking :P I don't like my voice anyway.

As for ideas for tuts, I dunno. Web designing is about all I do these days.

I wanna get better at digital painting in Gimp, which my goal at the moment is make a decent looking scene with some characters. (Don't know how I want the scene to look, but I'm doing this step by step) So as far as video tutorials for digital painting goes, I'm not gonna be doing any for quite a long time until I make paintings that satisfy me. I'm gonna do more web layout tutorials, cause right now there's only on the web right now, and most of them are pretty simple, or bad, and I wanna show people Gimp's great at web designing as well as painting, photo manipulations, etc: etc:
mikethedj4

Postby sky-fyre » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:24 pm

agreed.

Imo I tried digital painting with a mouse and with no ref... my painting is a zillion times better with a ref. And a tablet of course :P

I suppose I should make some tuts but they're so painstaking and I'm piled over with hw atm (which I really should be doing isntead of procrastinating)
sky-fyre

Postby mikethedj4 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:08 am

Well make sure you get your hm done, and if you have time for tutorial making, I first would need to see how you present the tutorial, if it's easy to follow, and understand, and if so you'll be added to the team if you wanna be a tutorial poster anyway.
mikethedj4

Postby sky-fyre » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:26 am

I have my own site I'm trying to start :) Or I might do it with Scrapie, dunno... But neither will happen unless I find something to write a tut about :D Because I can't think of anything, and I don't do much art.
sky-fyre

Postby mikethedj4 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:21 am

Well digital painting there's so much you can do, but I'd prefer actual full scene's if you're doing a tutorial anyway.
mikethedj4

Postby mrohsee » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:29 am

How about realistic glass? It can be so difficult to get right , what with all the highlights and shadows.
mrohsee

Postby mikethedj4 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:04 am

mrohsee wrote:How about realistic glass? It can be so difficult to get right , what with all the highlights and shadows.

Do you have a preview image I can see so I know exactly what you're talking, about, and what to do a tutorial on???
mikethedj4

Postby mrohsee » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:57 pm

Something like this maybe? It`s a perfect example of the hi-lights and shadows I was referring to. Of course it doesn`t have to be a tutorial specifically about this image.

Uploaded with
mrohsee

Postby Scrapie » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:07 pm

I guess this is modelled... I would be able to recreate this in Blender, but I wont because its the Windows icon :O
got möp?
Scrapie

Next

Return to General GIMP help