GIMP News

New GIMP eBook coming soon

Talk about recent developments and news from GIMP.

New GIMP eBook coming soon

Postby tripwire45 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:02 pm

I know I haven't been around in quite awhile, but I've been busy writing a couple of books. The book that's most relevant to this forum (and this is an unabashed plug) is an eBook called Using GIMP, published by QUE. The series is brand new, which caused a few extra bumps in the road when I was doing the writing. It also incorporates eBook text material, screencasts, and audio sidebars, so it's learning by multimedia.

I expect the book to become available by late June or early July. It's a book for the very beginning GIMP user on a Windows OS, so advanced GIMP users on Linux or Macs may feel it's a little light. Nevertheless, I think it's a good place to start for someone who has little to no experience with GIMP and wants to get their feet wet.

I posted some screenshots of a couple of the PDF pages from the front matter in my . I still am writing another book, but I hope to spend more time here as the book launches to get everyone's opinion (be nice) about it and to share other GIMP and graphics related projects I'm getting into.

Cheers.
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
tripwire45

Re: New GIMP eBook coming soon

Postby raeaven » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:07 pm

Will be expecting this. Surely it will be a good read. Thanks for the share and good luck with it.
about my status, check out this journal.
http://angelic-prince-6143.deviantart.c ... /32830924/
raeaven

Postby David Wood » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:11 pm

Hi tripwire! Sounds awesome, when it's out I'll make a sticky so newbs can get the help they need. ;D
David Wood
Administrator

Postby tripwire45 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:21 pm

Thanks. I've spent a long time on this book and while writing is more or less easy for me, making screencasts isn't (I hate the sound of my voice). Looking forward to hearing your responses and I hope the book will be a positive contribution to the GIMP community.
tripwire45

Return to GIMP News