GIMP for Mac

.xcf RDF metadata Spotlight plug-in exists?

Installation and Mac OS specific issues.

.xcf RDF metadata Spotlight plug-in exists?

Postby ewonder » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:41 pm

I am a metadata fan, so as soon as I started using GIMP I checked out the options for metadata and it seems that anything that is stored in the .xcf format is in RFT/RDT (I can't remember) format, completely accessible. But Spotlight does not see this data, so I looked into having one developed one and what might be needed. On this board I followed the progress of the QuickLook support plug-in, something else I thought about doing, it seemed fun.

First of all, is there an existing Spotlight plug-in so that metadata from the .xcf files will be seen/indexed by Leopard?
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
ewonder

Re: .xcf RDF metadata Spotlight plug-in exists?

Postby deimper » Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:35 am

It seem no any spotlight plug-in that can get metadata from the .xcf files, just by now. 8O
deimper

Re: .xcf RDF metadata Spotlight plug-in exists?

Postby ewonder » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:08 am

I recently purchased Pixelmator. Its beautiful and stable, and I'm afraid stability is what made me pay, because GIMP kept crashing. Their metadata display isn't perfect but when I posted feedback about it I got a reply pretty quickly and an assurance that the programmers would be notified.

You and I both have single digit post records, and I got a reply about six months after I posted.

Go figure.
ewonder

Return to GIMP for Mac