Other

Gimp Themes v1.0 for Windows

Re: Gimp Themes v1.0 for Windows HELP

Postby qwertydew » Thu May 24, 2012 12:58 pm

When I try to run it, it says "The program can't start because libatk-1.0-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

I have tried reinstalling and it did not fix the error. Help?
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
qwertydew

Re: Gimp Themes v1.0 for Windows

Postby Maffe811 » Thu May 24, 2012 7:48 pm

Did you even check the thread?
Two posts before you:
notman wrote:
GimpLearner2010 wrote:Been there, done that, still says 'Cannot find libatk-1.0-0.dll' . Why, oh why? :(

Add "C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\32\bin" to your Windows Environment Path (adjust if you installed gimp in a different folder)

Here's a link on how to change your Environment variables, if you don't already know: http://www.windows7hacker.com/index.php ... windows-7/

Also what version of gimp?
Cause im pretty sure its borked with 2.8
Got möp?
SOTW #1 ^
"Photoshop!? You don't need no stinkin' Photoshop" - We'll show you the power of the Gimp!!!
---
Honest CnC always beats crap CnC
Baum wrote:I think it doesnt has to be mentioned that self-voters have a small p....hotograph :D
Maffe811
Global Moderator

Postby qwertydew » Thu May 24, 2012 9:40 pm

Sorry, I didn't check it through enough I guess... I have V2.8 so I guess that's why it isn't working. I tried the environment variable thing and it didn't work. Thanks for the reply though. :D
qwertydew

Postby Maffe811 » Fri May 25, 2012 3:29 pm

I have suggested it before, not sure if anyone has tested it though:
Install 2.6
Install themes
Copy theme files to safe place
Install 2.8 (if you haven't)
Move theme files to 2.8

I think that should work.

Also, if you just want "midnight aurora" or something, the partha build comes with a dark theme built in, so i personally just use that + the tiny fixes.
Got möp?
SOTW #1 ^
"Photoshop!? You don't need no stinkin' Photoshop" - We'll show you the power of the Gimp!!!
---
Baum wrote:I think it doesnt has to be mentioned that self-voters have a small p....hotograph :D
Maffe811
Global Moderator

Postby jjjjason » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:51 pm

Make gimp 2.8 theme on windows 7 look polished!!!! Work around Tutorial

This worked for me....

IMPORTANT

This information is from many sources on the internet all compiled into one answer and it only tells you a work around to get gimp 2.8 for windows to look good, not how to get Gimp Themes v1.0 to work but it may have played a part in it.

Step One...

Add "C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\32\bin" to your Windows Environment Path (adjust if you installed gimp in a different folder)

Here's a link on how to change your Environment variables, if you don't already know:

(This will halp gimp use the windows theme. also to help read gnome themes )

Step Two...

If you copy the "MS-Windows" folder from "C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\share\themes" to "C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\share\gimp\2.0\themes".

Then move the content out so rather than it being "MS-Windows\gtk-2.0\[then the file called gtkrc]" its just, "MS-Windows\[then the file]".

Then open Gimp and go Edit>Preferences>Theme select "MS-Windows" and press "Ok", then you can press "Reload Current Theme or restart Gimp", and that should sort it.

(This just makes sure everything works)

( I did Install Gimp Themes v1.0 at this point but I'm not sure if it made a differences Up to you )

Step Three...

Download and paste the gnome themes into C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\share\gimp\2.0\themes. Download >>

Then open Gimp and go Edit>Preferences>Theme select "Prudence" and press "Ok", then you can press "Reload Current Theme or restart Gimp", and that should sort it.

It worked for me and as you can see I have set mine up as i like.

Good luck

jjjjason
Last edited by jjjjason on Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jjjjason

Postby Rod » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:19 am

Which theme do you want? If it's aurora Partha is going to compile a new build with the new aurora dll file included.
I also asked him to add a few new themes named Eqinox i am sure you guys will love. Just be patient.

Meanwhile grab this set of themes and place the folders inside .gimp-2.8\themes folder and restart Gimp-2.8.Then go to Edit>Pref>Themes and select any one. These are set with the new GTK version.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/36057148/GTK2%2 ... %202.8.zip

Also see this post for further options with these zipped themes. (image menus). :)
http://www.gimpchat.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4260
Rod
Global Moderator

Postby Maffe811 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:26 pm

Haha, this kid comes in with his fancy smancy workaround and good ol' Rod laying down the land (is that right... ? :P )...
Got möp?
SOTW #1 ^
---
Maffe811
Global Moderator

Postby jjjjason » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:35 pm

Thanks rod for the update I will look forward to whats to come 8)

And Maffe811 it was fun to work out how to get gimp 2.8 looking good without Gimp Themes v1.0 and im 29 lol no kid lol nice to meet ya :P

:-)

I only like to share lol 8O
jjjjason

Postby Arzoroc » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:11 pm

Hahah :D Maffe calling somebody a kid :D
Just for your reminder jjjjason, Maffe should be the youngest person around here with 17 years ;D
Inactive.
Spoiler: show
Willy wrote:arzorac

Maffe811 wrote:Arcoroc

David Wood wrote:Arzorac

sagtek wrote:Arzonic

Legionenigmatics wrote:azornac

Cyrilshark wrote:Argzornack, I still have to congratulate you on having the most epic signature ever. haha

*bow*
Arzoroc
Global Moderator

Postby Maffe811 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:27 pm

jjjjason wrote:And Maffe811 it was fun to work out how to get gimp 2.8 looking good without Gimp Themes v1.0 and im 29 lol no kid lol nice to meet ya :P

I like figuring out stuff to, but i really like the colors that come with the partha build so im happy! :D

jjjjason wrote:I only like to share lol 8O

Who doesn't ? :D

Arzoroc wrote:Hahah :D Maffe calling somebody a kid :D
Just for your reminder jjjjason, Maffe should be the youngest person around here with 17 years ;D

Still more awesome then most of the others! :P
I iz le forum pet... Damn i want my title back... :(
Got möp?
SOTW #1 ^
---
Maffe811
Global Moderator

Postby NebraskaJonesOwl » Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:14 pm

Thanks guys, this helped. I had to change the path and everything, but it wasn't too hard. :)

NebraskaJonesOwl

Postby Rod » Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:31 pm

Rod
Global Moderator

Postby SpaceOctopus » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:38 am

So, considering I just realize this is a very old post, I'm not expecting a response, but just in case, I'm having a problem running it. It keeps telling me I'm missing a .dll file. I tried reinstalling to no avail. Is this just obsolete now with 2.8? :question:
~Qua
SpaceOctopus

Postby SpaceOctopus » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:40 am

I feel like such a #$ now, I should have read some of the responses. Sorry bout that ^.^ ???
SpaceOctopus

Postby b.mugs » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:49 am

when i try to open the program from my dektop an error comes up and says that I can not find libatk-1.0-0.dll and to reinstall. Can somebdy please help with telling me what to do! everthing is in the default folder and I reinstalled both programs and didnt move any files?? i would be very happy if someone could help! ??? :)
b.mugs

PreviousNext

Return to Other