GIMP for Mac

Newbie wants to learn

Installation and Mac OS specific issues.

Newbie wants to learn

Postby Wiseguy » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:09 pm

Hi everybody. I'm a previous Windows Gimper, and now I've switched to Mac. I love all the effort that you've put into having packages for Mac ready to go, but I've got some questions. One thing is that for some reason, there is a lag for my cursor when not actively drawing on the window. Is there any work-around for this?

Thanks,
Wiseguy
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
Wiseguy

Re: Newbie wants to learn

Postby Auria » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:45 pm

Hi,

I'm not sure what you mean by a lag when NOT drawing :question:
there is usually a lag when drawing, unfortunately there's little we can do about it right now, though in the future we will get rid of X11 and use a native version so hopefully this one will get rid of this problem.
Auria
Retired Staff

Re: Newbie wants to learn

Postby Wiseguy » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:02 am

Auria wrote:Hi,

I'm not sure what you mean by a lag when NOT drawing :question:
there is usually a lag when drawing, unfortunately there's little we can do about it right now, though in the future we will get rid of X11 and use a native version so hopefully this one will get rid of this problem.

Well, what I mean is that when I move the cursor over the canvas without drawing anything, the brush will trail by a long ways. However, if I wait for the brush to catch up with the cursor, the lag is nearly imperceptible.

So the lag is related to the X11 interface, eh? Very sad indeed. At least I'm not the only one experiencing this problem. :|
Wiseguy

Return to GIMP for Mac