Photography

Macro Updates

Photo retouching and editing.

Macro Updates

Postby virtualTune » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:40 pm

Been out yesterday taking some macro pictures. First i thought of linking each one but then i figured it is quicker to just link my stream again. http://www.flickr.com/photos/34841115@N02/

Can you find Maffe's Special? ;D

Anyways, I would really like some elaborate critiques if you get time :)

-vT
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
virtualTune
Retired Staff

Re: Macro Updates

Postby BlackAnime15 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:43 pm

nice ;)
BlackAnime15

Postby virtualTune » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:14 pm

virtualTune wrote:...elaborate critiques...

BlackAnime15 wrote:nice

-.-
virtualTune
Retired Staff

Postby RomaGrafix » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:59 pm

Maannn I' m envious of your camera man :-[

Anyways gret gallery there, the spider must be my favorite, it makes a great sig as well.
Oh yes and "Meet the king", the colors are amazing

Idk if it' s just me but some like the Ladybug nd Daisy ones don' t seem to be really sharp/focused.
RomaGrafix

Postby Arzoroc » Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:47 pm

Damn now I wish I had a good camera and a macro-lense :(

Very nice shots, I like the Roggen one :D
Inactive.
Spoiler: show
Willy wrote:arzorac

Maffe811 wrote:Arcoroc

David Wood wrote:Arzorac

sagtek wrote:Arzonic

Legionenigmatics wrote:azornac

Cyrilshark wrote:Argzornack, I still have to congratulate you on having the most epic signature ever. haha

*bow*
Arzoroc
Global Moderator

Postby Lawlito » Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:04 pm

Hey Vt! I really like your shots, but as Roma said The ladybug and the daisy aren't as good as the other for one simple reason: You didn't focus correctly. In macro photography you can focus wrong very easily. On the ladybug, the focus is only on the right side of it and it still isn't very sharp. On the daisy shot you focused only part of the front of the flower. On both of them, if you had focused on the center of it, it would have torned out very good shots. Other than this I have nothing to say, unless: Keep 'em coming!

"I didn't just miss, i missed on purpose"
Lawlito

Postby virtualTune » Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:48 pm

@Roma
I see you are right about the lady bug. I guess 1/500 wasn't a small enough sutter speed. It was quite windy that day so maybe the movement threw off the focus a bit. The daisy looks sharp to me though :/

@Arzt xD
its actually just a set of 4 "filters" that screw on top of the lens. bought them on amazon for like $15 :)

@Lawl
I usually dont like to focus on the center because then i need to adjust the crop to keep RoT. Here is a link to a completely untouched photo http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7100/7385 ... ccbf_k.jpg to show how small the area in focus really is.

@everyone
thank you for the compliments ;D
virtualTune
Retired Staff

Postby sagteck » Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:29 am

Pretty sweet. I sent them to my gf because she's getting into photography and recently got a really nice camera.

vT, you ever check out openphoto? It's a way to host your photos on a site in which you control. I use it, it's pretty cool software.

http://theopenphotoproject.org/

A cool thing about it is that it reads the metadata of the photo so it can show all of your camera settings used to take the photo. If your camera supports geo location it will detect that as well and pin a map of the longitude/latitude where the photo was taken. You can also add stuff like that later too but most of it is autodetected.

SAM
sagteck

Postby virtualTune » Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:50 pm

flickr does the same :)

What does "I sent them to my gf" mean?
virtualTune
Retired Staff

Postby sagteck » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:41 pm

girlfriend.

The difference is they're on a server you own rather than hosted on flickr which can use them for advertising purposes.
sagteck

Postby virtualTune » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:06 pm

i know what gf means. i was asking what you mean when you say you "sent" them to her
virtualTune
Retired Staff

Postby sagteck » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:48 am

Emailed her the original link which you posted. 8O this an inquiry? Perhaps be more clear, it sounded like you didn't know what gf was as I interpreted it.
sagteck

Postby virtualTune » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:29 am

well when you say you send pictures to someone i assume you mean actually sharing the images 1 by 1. To me, what you did is more so sharing or sending a link rather than actual images. I was a lil worried there.. ^-^
virtualTune
Retired Staff

Postby sagteck » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:20 pm

virtualTune wrote:well when you say you send pictures to someone i assume you mean actually sharing the images 1 by 1. To me, what you did is more so sharing or sending a link rather than actual images. I was a lil worried there.. ^-^

Ah no, don't worry. Give attribution where attribution is due. Plus, I sent her the link in case she wishes to further follow your adventures. She emailed me back saying when she gets some money she wants to get some lenses and filters and stuff.

The most I have is an underwater camera setup. It's not the best but it has some filters and a fisheye lense. I have yet to use it underwater hehe. I'll get there some day.
sagteck

Postby virtualTune » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:20 pm

ZOMG a fisheye and underwater and you didnt use it yet :o GET OUT AND USE IT!
virtualTune
Retired Staff

Next

Return to Photography