Hey you guys i discovered that if you follow these steps you get some pretty cool and realistic waterdrop effects.
1) use my brush to create a grayscale drop on a transparent layer name it drop.
2) Right click alpha to select the drop - create a new layer named shadow - select the shadow layer and fill with black.
3) select > shrink by 2-3 pixels - edit > clear - select none
4) set the opacity for the shadow and drop to your liking
5) merge both layers (drop and shadow)
6) Filters > Distorts > Iwarp
7) distort the drop to have a more realistic shape.(use move)
8 ) Now create a new layer name it pattern
9) with the freehand select tool select an area inside the drop - select the pattern layer
10) Filters > distort > lens distort - all set to zero except zoom ( set zoom to your liking)
11) save the image