Large Art

For a friends band

For larger pieces.

For a friends band

Postby Kajida » Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:17 am

Did this one for a friends band. The original is 2560x1440 and looks better then this shrunk down version though.

Spoiler: show
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
Kajida

Re: For a friends band

Postby Arzoroc » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:18 am

Kinda reminds me on the CA shield ... but why? ;)

Anyway, well done, I like the "Rock the world, save the universe, get the girl" stuff :P
Inactive.
Willy wrote:arzorac

Maffe811 wrote:Arcoroc

David Wood wrote:Arzorac

sagtek wrote:Arzonic

Legionenigmatics wrote:azornac

Cyrilshark wrote:Argzornack, I still have to congratulate you on having the most epic signature ever. haha

*bow*
Arzoroc
Global Moderator

Postby David Wood » Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:38 pm

That looks spectacular. Except the arrows aren't pointing straight up as if they were maxed out. And what's the band's name? A New Ascension? The cursive 's's really through me off at first, and the 'o' needs to be more circular and closed, I thought it was an a. Finally the spacing between the letters and words needs fixing, the word New should be centered between the other words, and the e in New is too close to the w.
David Wood
Administrator

Postby Kajida » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:05 pm

David Wood wrote:That looks spectacular. Except the arrows aren't pointing straight up as if they were maxed out. And what's the band's name? A New Ascension? The cursive 's's really through me off at first, and the 'o' needs to be more circular and closed, I thought it was an a. Finally the spacing between the letters and words needs fixing, the word New should be centered between the other words, and the e in New is too close to the w.

After looking at it on as my background on my desktop for the past 24 hours, yeah im seeing some stuff too... I see that arrow issue you mentioned too... As for the font, it's based off of a style from Fender (the guitar maker) so it's kinda supposed to be all weirded out like that. Though I do agree with the spacing now that i've looked at it more. The other one that's bugging me is the spacing between the dial inticators at 90* and 270* in relation to the dial in the middle and the ones on either side... They are almost mashed together. I'm also redoing the name plates. They are supposed to look chrome, but aren't so im going to rework that too.

The part I am super happy with though is the leather at the bottom. The black leather is 4 pieces melded together and the stitched leather is from the edge of a leather belt, scaled down, all recolored to match. It really worked out well.

Anyways, i'll work on the revamp and post it up here later.

Thanks for the CC, and yes the band's name is "A New Ascension". They are based in Jacksonville Florida and a friend of mine is the lead vocal and guitar.
Kajida

Postby David Wood » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:15 pm

At least fix the O's to look like o's. :)
David Wood
Administrator

Re: For a friends band WIP

Postby Kajida » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:04 am

Ok, just got done doing the rework of this one... I did fix the O in Ascension... And then I just realized that I forgot to fix them in "Rock the World"... GDIT lol...

Anyways, here's the current rework... Reworked the chrome, all new knobs, indicators, marks and glow...

But dang it, the "Rock the World" is bugging me know lol.

Kajida

Postby David Wood » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:46 am

I think the arrows in the first look better because they look like they are part of the knobs. The new ones shouldn't have a glow and they're too wide. Even though the marks wouldn't actually glow they add a nice touch. :)
David Wood
Administrator

Postby PsykkoShot » Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:19 pm

I love it:D The arrows, however, appear to not be lined up with their tick-marks.
Image_________________________Image

PsykkoShot

Postby David Wood » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:34 pm

You are looking at the new version right?
David Wood
Administrator

Postby PsykkoShot » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:34 pm

..my mistake :D
Image_________________________Image

PsykkoShot

Postby Maffe811 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:48 am

:P
Turning up get the girl to tha MAAAAX!!!!

But it seems kinda odd to me that the max is on the top :P
Got möp?
SOTW #1 ^
"Photoshop!? You don't need no stinkin' Photoshop" - We'll show you the power of the Gimp!!!
---
Honest CnC always beats crap CnC
Baum wrote:I think it doesnt has to be mentioned that self-voters have a small p....hotograph :D
Maffe811
Global Moderator

Return to Large Art