Signatures and Small Art

bored atm

For smaller graphics.

Re: bored atm

Postby Dkitsme » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:00 pm

Arzoroc wrote:If this doesn't get back on topic I'll delete your posts and lock the topic. If you've got any problems with each other you can use PMs to clarify it. There's no need for the public to see users argueing.

i think you should just delete this post :)
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
Dkitsme

Postby sky-fyre » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:53 pm

wow, peeps need to chill out O_o personally I don't think fine arts is anything like graphics and especially signatures.

Indeed my Lightning signature is clearly chock full of c4ds... but I easily saw the c4d(s) on the right side of dkitsme's signature the first time I looked at it.. and speaking as a fractalist of about 2-3 years I don't really see any prominent fractals in it. there's a few flecks which could be a fractal but other than that, all I see is c4ds and smudging.

it's a good sig, much better than alot I've seen from newbies.. again, the main things that could improve it is: sharpening the render, take out the text, maybe take out the border, add a little contrast, and probably move the lighting... I`m kind of noticing the light source is in the wrong spot now.. it should be coming from above and the front (rather than behind)
sky-fyre

Postby 25000st » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:43 pm

Tbh, this guy has been irritating me alot. Like Willy, I've gotten to the point where I've gotta throw in a little rant along with my cnc along with a little clarification on some things.

Now for the level-headed cnc.
when you say blending i have no idea what you mean,

and it's just a sample so idc with the text.

By blending I mean that the render doesn't quite 'fit in' with the rest of the tag. None of the effects appear to have an affect on the render. It's mainly due to the extreme flatness of the bg(smudging) and lack of proper lighting transition and quality. To help with the flatness, I'd suggest adding some foreground effects that melt into the distance or wrap around the render to make the tag 3-dimensional instead of 2d layers.
Even if it's a sample, why would you bother to practice doing horrible text? Even if it's practice, make sure you put the effort in to at least try to do it right.

Now... [rant]
well screw you vT for calling him "fine" somewhere >.>

Lol, the kid indeed has claimed to have studied fine art all over in this thread, and now he's really admitting ignorance of sorts. viewtopic.php?f=39&t=10887&p=108861#p108861

There's no need for the public to see users argueing.

Awww, c'mon. At least spell it right almighty mod. ;)
If you're using the urban dictionary you're doing it WRONG.

now you judge me just on what I've posted, and some things i wanted some help with? you havent seen 99% What I have Done

I loled. No matter what style of tag you try, it demonstrates your overall technical skill and knowledge of at least the basics. I'm 99% you haven't made anything much better. I'm also 99% sure you didn't make these c4d's and probably can't make any c4d's that are halfway decent, worthy of being displayed by themselves or used in a tag.
As a last statement I'm gonna say this, you're obviously a noob. And as a noob, you're posts come off as incredibly obnoxious and cocky at times as willy has stated. Maybe you're pretty good at fine art and painting, which I'm starting to question but I have no evidence or way of proving anything about this, but we do stuff here that you obviously aren't very familiar with. THIS ISN'T YOUR FIELD. Stop pretending you're some pro saying 'I got some @w$0me-azing work that I just can't show you guys' when you can't show us anything.
Srsly
If you're just starting, accept the fact that you're gonna suck in the beginning. We all start as newbs. If you wanna get better, we're here to help you on your way but stop acting like a pretentious know-it-all. Those side comments implying you're virtuoso get exceptionally annoying.
[/rant]

Thank you very much.
25000st

Postby Willy » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:45 pm

hurr durr
lock requesto
Image By Maffefefe

Made by the AWESOME Captain of Sexeh, Maffe
Maffe811 wrote:Im sorry, but whenever some one comes in and posts 3-5 posts without introducing themself and sorta just jump into the topics i imidiatly(?) think they are a bot.

Watch yourself *stares*
Willy

Postby sky-fyre » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:42 pm

touché, 25000st. not everyone is like that though... even I started out thinking I was pretty great.

I dislike locks :(
sky-fyre

Postby Dkitsme » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:20 am

25000st wrote:Tbh, this guy has been irritating me alot. Like Willy, I've gotten to the point where I've gotta throw in a little rant along with my cnc along with a little clarification on some things.

Now for the level-headed cnc.
when you say blending i have no idea what you mean,

and it's just a sample so idc with the text.

By blending I mean that the render doesn't quite 'fit in' with the rest of the tag. None of the effects appear to have an affect on the render. It's mainly due to the extreme flatness of the bg(smudging) and lack of proper lighting transition and quality. To help with the flatness, I'd suggest adding some foreground effects that melt into the distance or wrap around the render to make the tag 3-dimensional instead of 2d layers.
Even if it's a sample, why would you bother to practice doing horrible text? Even if it's practice, make sure you put the effort in to at least try to do it right.

Now... [rant]
well screw you vT for calling him "fine" somewhere >.>

Lol, the kid indeed has claimed to have studied fine art all over in this thread, and now he's really admitting ignorance of sorts. viewtopic.php?f=39&t=10887&p=108861#p108861

There's no need for the public to see users argueing.

Awww, c'mon. At least spell it right almighty mod. ;)
If you're using the urban dictionary you're doing it WRONG.

now you judge me just on what I've posted, and some things i wanted some help with? you havent seen 99% What I have Done

I loled. No matter what style of tag you try, it demonstrates your overall technical skill and knowledge of at least the basics. I'm 99% you haven't made anything much better. I'm also 99% sure you didn't make these c4d's and probably can't make any c4d's that are halfway decent, worthy of being displayed by themselves or used in a tag.
As a last statement I'm gonna say this, you're obviously a noob. And as a noob, you're posts come off as incredibly obnoxious and cocky at times as willy has stated. Maybe you're pretty good at fine art and painting, which I'm starting to question but I have no evidence or way of proving anything about this, but we do stuff here that you obviously aren't very familiar with. THIS ISN'T YOUR FIELD. Stop pretending you're some pro saying 'I got some @w$0me-azing work that I just can't show you guys' when you can't show us anything.
Srsly
If you're just starting, accept the fact that you're gonna suck in the beginning. We all start as newbs. If you wanna get better, we're here to help you on your way but stop acting like a pretentious know-it-all. Those side comments implying you're virtuoso get exceptionally annoying.
[/rant]

Thank you very much.

For real... i'm irritating you? just becaue i'm noob means i cant have opinions? ( thinkin about the quarrels)

You have just misunderstood what I said. I never said that I have a fine-education in art, I'm only 18 years old and has had art classes. i havent said i was better than everyone, and i always say Thanks for the comments and I'll try to improve myself. i'm not acting like i know everything? there is a reason i made an account here... to learn FROM YOU! although the discussion here should be over now, you ofc had to take it a little further.
I just dare posting something that is bad, but still I do not say I am extremely good! you have such a condescending tone 25, and it should not take place online.
Dkitsme

Postby virtualTune » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:47 am

ok from now on, any new post that is not directly related to the presented tag, will be deleted! If you have any disagreements, open a fair discussion in "General Discussions" or even better, and MUCH APPRECIATED, PM each other about it.
virtualTune
Retired Staff

Postby Arzoroc » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:51 am

I'm not sure whether I should delete everything and lock this or not..
Just a small thing for 25:
I'm sorry if I misspell any words or use them in an incorrect/unusual way. I grew up with another language and I've never been to any English-speaking country in my life. If you want to rant about my lack of English skills, go ahead. I will gladly start talking German with you, and I promise I won't do any mistakes there. ;)

But, being a Mod, I'll get back to topic and CnC the sig... if there's something you want to talk about with me, send me a PM.

Pro:
+I like the border
+I love Dead Space
+The render dissolve on the left looks cool

Con:
-Correct me if I'm wrong but the background looks like you spammed C4Ds and made a plasma layer on Color/Overlay mode on top of them. This gives the BG a flat and boring look.
-The text looks like plasma layer for me, too ;) While this is basically a good technique, I don't think it's appropriate for a text to have a plasma texture in a rather dark/grunge-themed signature
-Missing lightsource/lighting at all.

All in all rate:
Min [--------------[]---------------------] Max

Things to improve/Advice:
The background is basically ruining it. Making a BG from scratch is pretty hard, but there are a lot of Dead Space wallpapers/artworks out there, so why don't you use one of those as a base and create depth/tension with C4Ds on top of that? Also, work on the text. Right now it's a font with colors, which is really not fitting into this signature. Try to make the text interact with the overall image or at least make it interesting in some way.
Inactive.
Spoiler: show
Willy wrote:arzorac

Maffe811 wrote:Arcoroc

David Wood wrote:Arzorac

sagtek wrote:Arzonic

Legionenigmatics wrote:azornac

Cyrilshark wrote:Argzornack, I still have to congratulate you on having the most epic signature ever. haha

*bow*
Arzoroc
Global Moderator

Postby Dkitsme » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:18 pm

Ty so much Arzoroc, (and yea, i said it right) ;)
it really helped! i used some of your and the others cnc to make a new signature.
it's maybe not with c4d's but i personal think it's pretty nice, might going to post it later. :)

Alex
Dkitsme

Postby 25000st » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:40 pm

Eh, sry arz, I was kinda being a prick nitpicking on spelling. :P
My apologies.

spammed C4Ds and made a plasma layer on Color/Overlay mode on top of them. This gives the BG a flat and boring look.

Not trying to start an argument or anything but this is actually a good way to create depth because it adds more details. Just make sure you use good c4d's and scale them properly.
If you haven't already (everyone) download and add these to your collection of c4d's. Clyzm also has made some good stuff.
http://stinky666.deviantart.com/gallery/254984#/d23ekhe

@Dkitsme: My post obviously didn't carry across the right message and was rather over-the-top, i'll admit. I never said I had problems with your opinions. What irritated me was your acting 'pro' saying you had good knowledge and experience from having studied art and that you kept implying you had hidden 'good stuff'.
25000st

Postby Arzoroc » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:23 pm

Eh, sry arz, I was kinda being a prick nitpicking on spelling. :P
My apologies.

I don't take those things too seriously, don't worry ;) I'm actually having a personal English test in 2 days that will rank me from 1 to 10, and if I don't get at least 7 points I'm banned from taking the job I applied to, so I'm glad about any correction you guys can give me.
Not trying to start an argument or anything but this is actually a good way to create depth

-->
While this is basically a good technique, I don't think it's appropriate for a text to have a plasma texture

;)
Inactive.
Spoiler: show
Willy wrote:arzorac

Maffe811 wrote:Arcoroc

David Wood wrote:Arzorac

sagtek wrote:Arzonic

Legionenigmatics wrote:azornac

Cyrilshark wrote:Argzornack, I still have to congratulate you on having the most epic signature ever. haha

*bow*
Arzoroc
Global Moderator

Postby virtualTune » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:27 am

thank you 25kst for both clarifications. :)
virtualTune
Retired Staff

Previous

Return to Signatures and Small Art