Introductions

adding background watermark onto A4 poster

If you have never posted - post here! Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

adding background watermark onto A4 poster

Postby pinksquirrel » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:27 am

Hi Everyone. Could someone tell this Gimp virgin how to put a background image (watermark) onto an A4 poster and do I have to add the text after or before the background image is done. Many thanks.

Roger
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
pinksquirrel

Re: adding background watermark onto A4 poster

Postby Arzoroc » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:07 am

So you're trying to add a watermark with a text/logo to your photo and print it on A4 size, correct? If so, keep reading ;D

There are many ways of adding a watermark into an image. The easiest will be a simple text without a logo etc.

For that, just open up the image (I am assuming you already have it as a file on your PC, if not you'll have to scan it first) you want to have a watermark on in Gimp, then
-Click on the text tool
-Click on the image and add your text by typing it into the small pop-up box. You can also move the text around with drag&drop.
-Take a look at your layer's dialog (), click on the Text Layer and lower the "Opacity" slider down to whatever percentage you think looks best (should be around 40% I guess)

If you want to add an image/logo to your image as well, just open up your image (the one you want to put the watermark on) in Gimp and then
-Click on "File > Open as Layer"
-Select the image/logo you want to use as a watermark and hit "Open"
-Now, do the same thing with the opacity slider again (see above)
-Optionally, use the move tool () to position your logo correctly.

If you are done, go to "File > Save As" and save it as "Image_Watermarked.png" or similar. It is important though that you do NOT overwrite your original file because you can hardly remove the watermark afterwards. You can now easily print this picture or upload it to a website etc.

If this was not what you wanted, please give us a more detailed description of your problem.
Inactive.
Spoiler: show
Willy wrote:arzorac

Maffe811 wrote:Arcoroc

David Wood wrote:Arzorac

sagtek wrote:Arzonic

Legionenigmatics wrote:azornac

Cyrilshark wrote:Argzornack, I still have to congratulate you on having the most epic signature ever. haha

*bow*
Arzoroc
Global Moderator

Return to Introductions