General GIMP help

can't eject disk image

Everything related to GIMP. Place for beginners to ask questions.

can't eject disk image

Postby georgebeu » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:07 pm

I am having trouble ejecting the disk image on my mac. When I try I get the message that it's in use and can't be ejected. How can I get around this problem? Thanks
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
georgebeu

Re: can't eject disk image

Postby GimpKnowHow » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:49 am

Umm... I don't think this pertains to Gimp at all.
Image < Recent (Collab with Lewiz on GForce)
Image< Fav
GimpKnowHow

Postby Dracos66 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:43 am

Are you using the native mac program to run the disk image or are you using a third party software?
Dracos66

Postby GimpKnowHow » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:55 pm

Ok then, well, Make sure all of your applications are closed. I don't mean exit them, I mean right click on the dock's icon and click exit or close.
Image < Recent (Collab with Lewiz on GForce)
Image< Fav
GimpKnowHow

Postby georgebeu » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:44 pm

This is on a Mac so there's no right click and as far as I know, I'm using the native Mac software to do what I'm doing and not a third party application. This is the history. I read about Gimp being able to do many of the tasks that Photo Shop can do so I downloaded the "stuff" from the Gimp site. Next thing I knew there was a disk icon called "GIMP 2.6.6 Leopard universal" on my desktop. I have since decided that I don't want to use Gimp and am trying to get rid of everything that pertains to Gimp. When I select that icon on my desktop and try to drag it to the cache, I get the message, "The disk "GIMP 2.6.6 Leopard Universal" is in use and could not be ejected. Try quitting applications and try again." I'm looking for a way to deal with the fact that the disk doesn't want to eject.
Thanks to all for their replies and I look forward to hearing more advice.
georgebeu

Postby AcornComicsInc » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:32 pm

I know for a fact you can right click with Mac. If it's a one button mouse, hold ctrl and click to right click. But as GKH said, you must exit the application by right clicking the dock, or by going up to your "file menu" and clicking on the application's name, then clicking quit. That will close the application instead of exiting the window.
AcornComicsInc

Postby Sarahbeelah » Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:46 pm

I am having this problem too and it is really bugging me. It is taking up lots of space on my computer and I closed (force quit) all apps and it still would not eject.
Sarahbeelah

Postby z1221 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:42 pm

I am having this problem also. I ran the what is running command line in terminal and here are the results. (***** means there is personal info that is blotted out for privacy reasons)
*****-*****-mac-mini:~ *******$ lsof | grep /Volumes/GIMP\ 2.6.6\ Leopard\ universal
dbus-daem 174 ******* txt REG 14,8 775056 52 /Volumes/GIMP 2.6.6 Leopard universal/Gimp.app/Contents/Resources/bin/dbus-daemon
dbus-daem 174 ******* txt REG 14,8 302000 538 /Volumes/GIMP 2.6.6 Leopard universal/Gimp.app/Contents/Resources/lib/libexpat.1.5.2.dylib
dbus-daem 174 ******* 6r DIR 14,8 102 65 /Volumes/GIMP 2.6.6 Leopard universal/Gimp.app/Contents/Resources/etc/dbus-1/session.d
Now what do I do with this?
z1221

I KILLED GIMP!

Postby z1221 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:29 am

:D For anyone who is trying to eject the disk image, download the program what's keeping me.
It can be downloaded for free but a $5 donation is suggested. When you launch the program, search for GIMP in the search box. There you will see the dbus-daem files. All you need to do is click one of them and then say "Kill". After that, you can eject the disk. Back to normal!
z1221

Postby ~suv » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:15 pm

Why not use 'Activity Monitor.app'? comes with the system... (in Applications >> Utilities)
ActivityMonitor.png
~suv

Return to General GIMP help