GIMP for Windows

downloading issue

Gimp for Windows XP SP3 or later

Re: downloading issue

Postby Maffe811 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:01 pm

CCleaner has a registry fixer/cleaner.
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
Got möp?
SOTW #1 ^
"Photoshop!? You don't need no stinkin' Photoshop" - We'll show you the power of the Gimp!!!
---
Honest CnC always beats crap CnC
Baum wrote:I think it doesnt has to be mentioned that self-voters have a small p....hotograph :D
Maffe811
Global Moderator

Postby beercloud » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:37 pm

thanks for all your help. im getting closer. i downloaded the cleaner and did that whole gig. the computer still blinks the IE page after downloading a zip, and i have to reboot after each download. But the good news is that its making it to my downloads file where i can unzip it and drag the file into the GIMP fonts file and it works. plus my computer is a lil faster too. it was pretty fast to begin with but anything a little faster than before is a win in my eyes. lol......thanks again
beercloud

Postby Maffe811 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:37 am

While we're on the speeding things up page, here's a little tip:
Diskdefragmentation is a good thing to do.
Its built into windows but i was suggested Defragler (by piriform, which also made ccleaner) by an IT guy once.

I regulary run Ccleaner and Defragler and my old pc outran all my old classmates (we had the same pc) and my current pc outruns all my classmates pc (again, same pc, its just that i care more for mine).

If you work with you're pc you could run a ccleaner-defragler-combo on each sunday night and it will be ready to go on monday! :)

---
Back to your problem!
I would maybe get a malwarebytes trial and check for possible spyware and computer-crap...
Run a antivirus scan, maybe. Just to see if you have crap that f's stuff up.

Why do you have to reboot?

I really ain't sure what the issue is... but we'll try to help as much as possible! :)
Got möp?
SOTW #1 ^
"Photoshop!? You don't need no stinkin' Photoshop" - We'll show you the power of the Gimp!!!
---
Baum wrote:I think it doesnt has to be mentioned that self-voters have a small p....hotograph :D
Maffe811
Global Moderator

Postby beercloud » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:26 pm

I think i solved the problem. Here's what i ran across in case anybody else has this issue.

i went to:
control panel - default settings - associate a file type or protocol with a program. Then scrolled down to .zip and it was assigned to internet explorer in which i do not use. I use chrome as my browser. So i changed it to my winrar program and it works fine. Thats explains why the IE page kept blinking up when i tried to download a zip. It was trying to find IE but couldn't.

As you can see i'm often the pioneer in computer problems and a greenhorn at solving them. I stumbled across it and had help in solving this mystery. I want to thank David Woods, Maffe811, gimpeRaven and Tim @ PC Support Forum from About.com. http://forums.about.com/n/pfx/forum.asp ... -pcsupport. Now on to my next problem. lol
beercloud

Postby David Wood » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:06 am

It's Wood, like the tree, not the golfer. :)
David Wood
Administrator

Postby Maffe811 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:42 am

Happy to help :)
Got möp?
SOTW #1 ^
---
Maffe811
Global Moderator

Postby Arzoroc » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:07 pm

It's Wood, like the tree, not the golfer.

Quote of the week :D
Inactive.
Spoiler: show
Willy wrote:arzorac

Maffe811 wrote:Arcoroc

David Wood wrote:Arzorac

sagtek wrote:Arzonic

Legionenigmatics wrote:azornac

Cyrilshark wrote:Argzornack, I still have to congratulate you on having the most epic signature ever. haha

*bow*
Arzoroc
Global Moderator

Postby Maffe811 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:12 pm

Arzoroc wrote:
It's Wood, like the tree, not the golfer.

Quote of the week :D

More like the month, this place is so quiet.. :(
Got möp?
SOTW #1 ^
---
Maffe811
Global Moderator

Previous

Return to GIMP for Windows