GIMP for Windows

text disregards attributes, resets to default? when edited

Gimp for Windows XP SP3 or later

text disregards attributes, resets to default? when edited

Postby khaven57 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:46 pm

i recently upgraded to 2.8 and now when i open an xcf when i attempt to edit text, even if i just delete one letter, it changes font back to the very first font in the font list(default?), size changes as well, hinting etc. it completely disregards what i had it at. like it can display it right upon opening it, but when i try to edit the text, it acts as if it has no idea what the text's initial attributes were. how do i fix this? it's a real pain in the neck because i have hundreds of fonts and i dont know them all by heart to just change it back, plus hinting and size i would have to guess at too.

any help is much appreciated

EDIT: never mind. im pretty sure now that i just dont have the font anymore, i forgot i did a windows reinstall and i think i forgot to backup some of my fonts. i am curious as to what this guy's problem is though http://registry.gimp.org/node/26272
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
khaven57

Re: text disregards attributes, resets to default? when edit

Postby Maffe811 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:27 pm

Sans is standard font i belive.
And the text layer could be messed up in some way, but gimp manages to convert the text back to a text layer, though it changes some of the settings.
Got möp?
SOTW #1 ^
"Photoshop!? You don't need no stinkin' Photoshop" - We'll show you the power of the Gimp!!!
---
Honest CnC always beats crap CnC
Baum wrote:I think it doesnt has to be mentioned that self-voters have a small p....hotograph :D
Maffe811
Global Moderator

Re: text disregards attributes, resets to default? when edit

Postby broken857 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:52 am

If XQuartz is installed before you upgrade to Mountain Lion, just download the latest installer and run it again to rebuild the links between GIMP and XQuartz.
broken857

Return to GIMP for Windows