GIMP for Mac

Error loading PSD file: Unsupported compression mode: 65488

Installation and Mac OS specific issues.

Error loading PSD file: Unsupported compression mode: 65488

Postby _Nanatoo_ » Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:45 am

Hello all :)

I've been working on a PSD file for quite some time. It's almost near completion, but today when I went to open it, the message

"Error loading PSD file: Unsupported compression mode: 65488"

appeared. I've been searching the web for a bit trying to find answers or plugins to help solve the problem because I really would rather not start over on my project. I'm running GIMP 2.6.3 on a Mac using X11. I will be happy to supply any other info that could help solve the problem.

Thanks so much for your help!
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
_Nanatoo_

Re: Error loading PSD file: Unsupported compression mode: 65488

Postby MattSomethin » Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:18 am

well to start off, if you dont have to save in PSD, save in xcf. ive never had that error when opening my psd files in gimp though

you might try reinstalling..
MattSomethin

Re: Error loading PSD file: Unsupported compression mode: 65488

Postby iSprite » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:40 pm

I have the same problem: open psd file, editing in GIMP, then save and close. And can't open it again.
Error loading PSD file: Unsupported compression mode: 21331
Help me. And sorry for my English.
GIMP 2.6.7
iSprite

Re: Error loading PSD file: Unsupported compression mode: 65

Postby indianaviv » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:49 am

First off let me say I completely sympathize with this exact issue. I have lost hours and hours of work and just now I found the answer to this problem:

Go to http://www.datanumen.com/apsr/ (my anti-virus software deemed it safe and it has not given me any issues) Download it and it will ask you to select the corrupted psd file. It will copy your original file and splice all your layers into new files. (dont worry) When you go to your program (for me, gimp) open up all those files. It will then smash them all back together into one. UNFORTUNATELY you won't have your layers seperate anymore. But hey, it's better than starting over, right?

HOPE THIS HELPS!!

~Davina
indianaviv

Return to GIMP for Mac