Large Art

First C4D Work :D

For larger pieces.

First C4D Work :D

Postby virtualTune » Tue May 29, 2012 11:07 pm

... in a long time. Anyways, I really like how it came out, which is a first in terms of my C4D work. All images are either mine or created from scratch in Cinema 4D. What do you guys think? Change colours, transparencies, reflectiveness...etc. Pretty much everything can be changed! I love C4D! ~<3

Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
virtualTune
Retired Staff

Re: First C4D Work :D

Postby Maffe811 » Wed May 30, 2012 10:56 am

idk... Its awesome... Don't know what to say...
On right side, the gloss on the border looks f'ed up...
Got möp?
SOTW #1 ^
"Photoshop!? You don't need no stinkin' Photoshop" - We'll show you the power of the Gimp!!!
---
Honest CnC always beats crap CnC
Baum wrote:I think it doesnt has to be mentioned that self-voters have a small p....hotograph :D
Maffe811
Global Moderator

Postby virtualTune » Wed May 30, 2012 11:45 am

I know what you mean with the gloss. I tried to make it look like the screen and the frame are not on the same level. Thank you :D

Btw this is just a frame from a 90 frame animation that i am currently rendering. Total render time with an 8 core processor at 1920x1080 resolution and prioriity set to highest: 10 hours :o
virtualTune
Retired Staff

Postby Maffe811 » Wed May 30, 2012 1:08 pm

idk bout dem rendering things, but wow... Time for an upgrade ? :P
Got möp?
SOTW #1 ^
"Photoshop!? You don't need no stinkin' Photoshop" - We'll show you the power of the Gimp!!!
---
Baum wrote:I think it doesnt has to be mentioned that self-voters have a small p....hotograph :D
Maffe811
Global Moderator

Postby RomaGrafix » Wed May 30, 2012 4:53 pm

Oh yeah, this rocks 8)
The "popout" effect of the frame doesn' t really work though. Also I' d like to see the text with a higher saturation, maybe the c4d itself too..idk.
And I think the DESIGN text should have the same kind of...bulge... as the the BUBBLEZ.
Hard to explain but I mean that the DESIGN looks like it' s tilted to the left a little bit whereas the BUBBLEZ is just bulging out towards the viewer.
Hope that' s somewhat understandable :P
RomaGrafix

Postby virtualTune » Wed May 30, 2012 7:55 pm

anyoone know a site where i can upload the animation? its 280Mb.
virtualTune
Retired Staff

Postby sagteck » Thu May 31, 2012 2:14 am

virtualTune wrote:I know what you mean with the gloss. I tried to make it look like the screen and the frame are not on the same level. Thank you :D

Btw this is just a frame from a 90 frame animation that i am currently rendering. Total render time with an 8 core processor at 1920x1080 resolution and prioriity set to highest: 10 hours :o

Wow, 10 hrs. Sounds like you need to build yourself a .
sagteck

Postby virtualTune » Thu May 31, 2012 6:23 pm

sagteck wrote:
virtualTune wrote:I know what you mean with the gloss. I tried to make it look like the screen and the frame are not on the same level. Thank you :D

Wow, 10 hrs. Sounds like you need to build yourself a .

yeah give me, say $25k and I'll make one for myself. but as you cans ee, even they have render times no less than 6 minutes per frame, and in my animation I the MAx render time per frame was 8:21 and min 3:02 minutes respectively!

very interesting video though :)
virtualTune
Retired Staff

Postby Maffe811 » Thu May 31, 2012 9:56 pm

virtualTune wrote:anyoone know a site where i can upload the animation? its 280Mb.

i used to use mediafire for huge files.
Yes animations was supported, don't know about now though...
Got möp?
SOTW #1 ^
---
Maffe811
Global Moderator

Postby sagteck » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:18 am

virtualTune wrote:yeah give me, say $25k and I'll make one for myself. but as you cans ee, even they have render times no less than 6 minutes per frame, and in my animation I the MAx render time per frame was 8:21 and min 3:02 minutes respectively!

very interesting video though :)

I have attached for you the original software used in that render farm. If you have two computers (say a desktop and a laptop) then you have a render farm. Any type of computer can be a farm node. You can go around your house and turn every computer into a node. I myself have 2 desktops and 2 laptops which can be used as render farm nodes. Pretty cool business. Since they're simple scripts they can be modified to run with any cli rendering tools for any software.

I bought the Sintel DVD and it had the render farm on one of the DVDs. I also pre-ordered their most recent movie which I expect to have equally cool goodies on it.

The power of a render farm comes into play when you divide and conquer. Let's say you have a 20 frame animation and you have a render farm of 4 computers clustered together. Each computer can take 1 frame to render simultaneously. So while the average rate of rendering a frame is 6 minutes like you say then a render farm of 4 nodes can render 4 frames at the same time. So a 20 frame job which would take 120 minutes on a single computer would take only 30 minutes on a 4 node cluster. That's why it's so useful.

20 frames * 6 min/frame = 120 minutes rendering.

20 frames / 4 nodes * 6 min/frame = 30 minutes rendering.

This means if you rendered 20 frames with a 20 node cluster the whole render would only take 6 minutes as a best case scenario.

For those who don't know, a node and a computer are interchangeable terms. A cluster is 2 or more nodes which work together to accomplish a common task.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sagteck

Postby virtualTune » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:20 am

no offense man it's simple math and i get why they are useful. But PCs dont just fall out of the sky, you need to buy them and right now i can think of better investments than a couple PCs. Plus, I am only doing the animations to apply for a college with. Once I am accepted I can use their render farms while I work there. If I don't get in, I'll have to look into a different job and understand that this may not be my thing after all. They accept 15 stduents/semester so wish me luck ;D
virtualTune
Retired Staff

Postby sagteck » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:46 pm

Good luck, I didn't take offense. For some people it's better to break it down into steps if they're new to such concepts. I took the approach that you knew nothing about the subject at all which is why it was so verbose.

I usually make that assumption unless I know the person well.
sagteck

Postby virtualTune » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:59 am

now you know me better! YaY ;)
virtualTune
Retired Staff

Return to Large Art