Signatures and Small Art

new sig

For smaller graphics.

new sig

Postby Ian- » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:46 am

Image

iSmudge?
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
Image
Image
Image
Image
Ian-
Sr. Member
 
Posts: 375
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:49 am
Location: Yonderland

Re: new sig

Postby Maffe811 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:20 pm

Damn this is nice!
There should be some smoothing here and there to make it look like depth.
Its epic, but.... i just don't feel the depth...
Got möp?
Image
SOTW #1 ^
"Photoshop!? You don't need no stinkin' Photoshop" - We'll show you the power of the Gimp!!!
---
Honest CnC always beats crap CnC
Baum wrote:I think it doesnt has to be mentioned that self-voters have a small p....hotograph :D
User avatar
Maffe811
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 6810
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:00 pm
Location: Norway/Norge/Norwegen

Re: new sig

Postby virtualTune » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:28 pm

I agree. the smudging and colors are very nice but it needs a blurred object in the foreground to the far right of the sig. It doesnt even have to be complete, just a part of an object like a street lamp or sth.
virtualTune
Retired Staff
 
Posts: 4421
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:50 pm
Location: Neverland

Re: new sig

Postby Ian- » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:36 am

Adding something in the foreground looked weird. So I blurred some stuff to try and add some depth
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Ian-
Sr. Member
 
Posts: 375
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:49 am
Location: Yonderland

Re: new sig

Postby Arzoroc » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:00 am

Idk ... to me, your signatures always shined because of their awesome depth. This one is a step back in that matter. However, the smudging looks very nice ;)
Inactive.
Spoiler: show
Willy wrote:arzorac

Maffe811 wrote:Arcoroc

David Wood wrote:Arzorac

sagtek wrote:Arzonic

Legionenigmatics wrote:azornac

Cyrilshark wrote:Argzornack, I still have to congratulate you on having the most epic signature ever. haha

*bow*
User avatar
Arzoroc
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 2199
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:34 pm

Re: new sig

Postby Maffe811 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:04 am

Arzoroc wrote:Idk ... to me, your signatures always shined because of their awesome depth. This one is a step back in that matter. However, the smudging looks very nice ;)

+1
The smudging is great, as usually, but the depth just isn't there... A step back, maybe, but the colors are really really really awesome!! :D

Edit:
Im bored so i made this:
depthtry.png


and with my suggestion of depth:
depth gauge.png

The bar at the top!
Red where i would blur and blue where i would keep it sharp to create depth.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Got möp?
Image
SOTW #1 ^
"Photoshop!? You don't need no stinkin' Photoshop" - We'll show you the power of the Gimp!!!
---
Honest CnC always beats crap CnC
Baum wrote:I think it doesnt has to be mentioned that self-voters have a small p....hotograph :D
User avatar
Maffe811
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 6810
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:00 pm
Location: Norway/Norge/Norwegen

Re: new sig

Postby Arzoroc » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:03 am

I guess you messed it up this time Maffe :D
The person should be in the focus, thus the "back" of the image must be sharp and the "front" must be blurred. You did it vice versa :P
Inactive.
Spoiler: show
Willy wrote:arzorac

Maffe811 wrote:Arcoroc

David Wood wrote:Arzorac

sagtek wrote:Arzonic

Legionenigmatics wrote:azornac

Cyrilshark wrote:Argzornack, I still have to congratulate you on having the most epic signature ever. haha

*bow*
User avatar
Arzoroc
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 2199
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:34 pm

Re: new sig

Postby virtualTune » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:43 am

no you are wrong Baum. The person is in the middle of the image depth wise, thus the far back and the foreground os blurred. he did it correctly. :)
virtualTune
Retired Staff
 
Posts: 4421
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:50 pm
Location: Neverland

Re: new sig

Postby Ian- » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:56 pm

That's where I had it blurred in the last pic, so I just intensified the blur some.
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Ian-
Sr. Member
 
Posts: 375
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:49 am
Location: Yonderland

Re: new sig

Postby virtualTune » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:03 pm

is there any way you can increase contrast or sth on the sharp part so it pops more. atm it looks like it has all been blurred a bit
virtualTune
Retired Staff
 
Posts: 4421
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:50 pm
Location: Neverland

Re: new sig

Postby Ian- » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:42 pm

this what you mean?
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Ian-
Sr. Member
 
Posts: 375
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:49 am
Location: Yonderland

Re: new sig

Postby Arzoroc » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:57 pm

I really see the image differently then. To me it looks like the person is standing in front of a kind of wall (depth-wise) and the left and right sides of the image come closer to you. Thus, the "wall" (the colors close to the person) and the render itself should have the same sharpness because they've got the same distance from you.
I'll try to show it to you :D

gsisss1-3.png


Maffe however sharpened the things I would've blurred and blurred the things I would've sharpened.

So to me it is <wall>, <girl>, <things left/right fly towards you>
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Inactive.
Spoiler: show
Willy wrote:arzorac

Maffe811 wrote:Arcoroc

David Wood wrote:Arzorac

sagtek wrote:Arzonic

Legionenigmatics wrote:azornac

Cyrilshark wrote:Argzornack, I still have to congratulate you on having the most epic signature ever. haha

*bow*
User avatar
Arzoroc
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 2199
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:34 pm

Re: new sig

Postby Maffe811 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:28 pm

This is how i see it:
depth imo.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Got möp?
Image
SOTW #1 ^
"Photoshop!? You don't need no stinkin' Photoshop" - We'll show you the power of the Gimp!!!
---
Honest CnC always beats crap CnC
Baum wrote:I think it doesnt has to be mentioned that self-voters have a small p....hotograph :D
User avatar
Maffe811
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 6810
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:00 pm
Location: Norway/Norge/Norwegen

Re: new sig

Postby Arzoroc » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:09 pm

So why did you sharpen the edges then? According to your graphic it should've gotten blurred ;)
That was basically my point. The background (the thing I called wall) is not visible because of the render anyway, so that's the smallest problem.
Inactive.
Spoiler: show
Willy wrote:arzorac

Maffe811 wrote:Arcoroc

David Wood wrote:Arzorac

sagtek wrote:Arzonic

Legionenigmatics wrote:azornac

Cyrilshark wrote:Argzornack, I still have to congratulate you on having the most epic signature ever. haha

*bow*
User avatar
Arzoroc
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 2199
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:34 pm

Re: new sig

Postby 25000st » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:20 pm

This is quite cool. The smudge and lights are nice.

In any case, the depth was just fine the way it was at first...
Depth=/=blur
25000st
Hero Member
 
Posts: 522
Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:49 pm

Next

Return to Signatures and Small Art

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests