Signatures and Small Art

3 Latest Tags

For smaller graphics.

3 Latest Tags

Postby 25000st » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:24 pm

Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
25000st

Re: 3 Latest Tags

Postby Dkitsme » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:21 pm

Amazing tags 25 :), I really like your color choice in the 1st one, and nice depth in the 3rd. The sky in the 1st picture need some more smudge between the rock and cloud, and maybe a little white above the hill in the background.

hmm i cant see how big the opening is on the second picture, but it still looks like that all the plants have the same color even thought some of them get hit by the light. Try to play around with shadows and light, and dark and bright colors a little more. Remember that the hole is the only source of light in a cave, and it just seem a little to bright to me, but then again i cant how big the opening is.

beyond that i simple love them, keep on the good work!.

alex :)
Dkitsme

Postby virtualTune » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:31 am

sucks,sucks,suck period!

no seriously they all have texture which you know i always like to see.
In the first one, you could add a shadow of a cloud, or make the colour of the grass more vibrant depending on the mood you might want to change it to.
In image 1 and 3 the clouds look a bit primitive. I think you should make a tag with a thunderstorm or just in general make a little portfolio where you take one landscape and change the weather. Lighting right now is good, soft shadows since there is no defined lightsource seen.
In the last image, you should remember that the rocks up front will reflect some light on the second row of rocks, so the shadows might be, in part, too dark depending on how close they are.

I have been waiting for something new from you for a while. glad to see that you do stuff and not just critique other's work.

vT
virtualTune
Retired Staff

Postby Dkitsme » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:53 am

i have to agree with the missing lightsources and he really need to work on his shadow position, but i think it's part of his style to make it primitive and simple, so in my opinion he dont need to chance the clouds. You cant be realistic all the time, and there are many different kinds of art and expression, and it is different for each artist so I do not think you can really begin to demand him to change it.
Dkitsme

Postby virtualTune » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:12 am

i wasn't demanding anything, sorry if it sounded like that. I was more so suggesting and trying to inspire him.

btw. here is a painting tutorial that i found very neat, though quite complex. Watch his other tuts, the guy knows what he is doing.

This is where i want to end up in a few years!! :) got a long way to go!

Last edited by David Wood on Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed the video links. :) David
virtualTune
Retired Staff

Postby David Wood » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:04 pm

I would really like to see the cave painting at dusk, oranges, yellows, and a few soft pinks would look awesome. Also I think you should be able to see the cave's roof at the entrance. Also the walls are a little too rounded.
David Wood
Administrator

Postby 25000st » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:11 pm

Thx guys. These turned out pretty bad I guess. I gotta get used to my tablet. :P

I'll be sure to check out the videos.
25000st

Postby virtualTune » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:54 pm

is that reallya smilie in your post?! O.O WOW!! I think that's a first! ;)
virtualTune
Retired Staff

Return to Signatures and Small Art