Introductions

Hi :D

If you have never posted - post here! Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Hi :D

Postby Kanako_Kuran021 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:24 am

Hi, I'm a newbie to the GIMP world. I just downloaded version 2.6.7 for Windows 7 to my laptop last night. So far, I'm using to draw and practice drawing manga b/c I'm planning to draw my own original manga soon, but I have a long way to go.
Please, forgive me if I annoy you with any newbie mistakes I happen to make. Idk much about the program yet and am still learning to use it, so please forgive my newbness :D
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
Kanako_Kuran021

Re: Hi :D

Postby Arzoroc » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:26 am

Yarr! Welcome to me ship, landlubber!

Hey and welcome to Gimper! First of all, I don't think we have got many painters around here (I've got a tablet but really I'm not too good at drawing anything), so we probably can't help you at developing new drawing techniques. On the other hand, you may become our #1 painting pro if you stay ;)
However, everything that is Gimp related will be answered here, no matter how "nooby" the questions might seem.

Here are some tips I can give you:
- If you're still a beginner in painting mangas, read a lot of tutorials. deviantArt.com, for example, is a great site to learn about painting techniques and methods.
- Download and install Gimp Paint Studio. I've been using it ever since I bought my tablet and it really adds a lot of useful things to the basic Gimp 2.6, like tons of brushes, patterns, color gradients (for example many skin-color gradients, tree colors etc.). If you're really not feeling any comfortable with Gimp at all, try MyPaint, another freeware program especially made for painting.
- Show us some of your artwork if you want to. Although we're not the best painters the interwebz has to offer, we can probably give you some hints when it comes to things like colors, shadows, perspective etc.
Inactive.
Spoiler: show
Willy wrote:arzorac

Maffe811 wrote:Arcoroc

David Wood wrote:Arzorac

sagtek wrote:Arzonic

Legionenigmatics wrote:azornac

Cyrilshark wrote:Argzornack, I still have to congratulate you on having the most epic signature ever. haha

*bow*
Arzoroc
Global Moderator

Postby Maffe811 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:03 pm

ARRRRRRRRRRGG!!!

IM YE OL CAPTAIN!!!!

Well im not, but im still pretty darn awesome!

Welcome!
Got möp?
SOTW #1 ^
"Photoshop!? You don't need no stinkin' Photoshop" - We'll show you the power of the Gimp!!!
---
Honest CnC always beats crap CnC
Baum wrote:I think it doesnt has to be mentioned that self-voters have a small p....hotograph :D
Maffe811
Global Moderator

Postby David Wood » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:04 pm

Hey, welcome to Gimper, looking forward to seeing your painting.
David Wood
Administrator

Return to Introductions