Introductions

Release the Inner Gimp

If you have never posted - post here! Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Release the Inner Gimp

Postby ideogram productions » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:02 am

Hi Folks,

I'm Willie and I've been playing around with Gimp, Blender, Pov-Ray, Yafaray and Inkscape for several years. I use AutoCAD and Pro Engineer during my day job and developed a taste for graphical design to spice up my mechanical drawings. I'm determined to set up my own Animation and Computer Art studio in Scotland and its been a long hard slog!

My own art and models are no where near as good as some of the talented peeps on this forums, so I prefer not to post my stuff. Where I do excel is my technical ability and also my programming skills.

I'm currently using Gimp and Inkscape to produce a 43 page 'how to guide' on building a tool for my company. My boss bought very expensive software to produce such manuals and I've boasted that I can do a similar job or even better it, using just Gimp and Inkscape. I'm researching the art of photomanipulation right now, so any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
Willie
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
ideogram productions

Re: Release the Inner Gimp

Postby Maffe811 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:02 am

ideogram productions wrote:My boss bought very expensive software to produce such manuals and I've boasted that I can do a similar job or even better it, using just Gimp and Inkscape.

*Applause*
Stickin it to the man!

Keep up the good work!
And welcome to gimper.net!!
Got möp?
SOTW #1 ^
"Photoshop!? You don't need no stinkin' Photoshop" - We'll show you the power of the Gimp!!!
---
Honest CnC always beats crap CnC
Baum wrote:I think it doesnt has to be mentioned that self-voters have a small p....hotograph :D
Maffe811
Global Moderator

Postby Gimpentosh » Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:42 pm

Maffe811 wrote:
ideogram productions wrote:My boss bought very expensive software to produce such manuals and I've boasted that I can do a similar job or even better it, using just Gimp and Inkscape.

*Applause*
Stickin it to the man!

Keep up the good work!
And welcome to gimper.net!!

Gimp for the win! ~up
I'm very responsible.... when ever something goes wrong they always say I'm responsible.
I always wanted to be a procrastinator, never got around to it.
Enter this weeks SOTW
Gimpentosh

Postby mikethedj4 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:29 am

Welcome to Gimper :)
mikethedj4

Return to Introductions