Help with the forum and suggestions

Links in Posts opens in new tab

A place for advice on basic and advanced features of the forum. Do you have a suggestion that would make the forum better? Post it here.

Re: Links in Posts opens in new tab

Postby gimpeRaven » Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:47 pm

I can't tell if a link will open in a new tab or in the active tab so I have the habit of right clicking but assuming that people are in a hurry (which includes me in some occasions), a one-click-link-to-open-in-a-new-tab is very convenient. It can also shorten the process of learning and acquiring information thus speeding the flow. Btw, does the links in images and sigs also apply the option of opening? :question:
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
(see UI Brainstorm!). Discuss or seek help from other Gimp users and developers. Be part of the to create and receive daily topics.
Gimp Users and Gimp Developer are good to try.

gimpeRaven

Postby virtualTune » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:41 am

lol! If I do that I loose track of my open tabs and end up with 30 open tabs and can't find the ones I want! :|
virtualTune
Retired Staff

Postby Rod » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:02 pm

Funny thing is you will probably by habit keep clicking with the right mouse button to open in a new page even though you do not have to anymore.
Rod
Global Moderator

Postby Maffe811 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:10 pm

i click my scroll-wheeley-button cause then it opens in a new window without making it active so then i can open lotz of windows :D
Got möp?
SOTW #1 ^
"Photoshop!? You don't need no stinkin' Photoshop" - We'll show you the power of the Gimp!!!
---
Honest CnC always beats crap CnC
Baum wrote:I think it doesnt has to be mentioned that self-voters have a small p....hotograph :D
Maffe811
Global Moderator

Postby gimpeRaven » Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:34 am

Rod wrote:Funny thing is you will probably by habit keep clicking with the right mouse button to open in a new page even though you do not have to anymore.

Funny indeed! I am right clicking then left clicking again to correct myself! xD
(see UI Brainstorm!). Discuss or seek help from other Gimp users and developers. Be part of the to create and receive daily topics.
Gimp Users and Gimp Developer are good to try.

gimpeRaven

Previous

Return to Help with the forum and suggestions