Help with the forum and suggestions

MyBB

A place for advice on basic and advanced features of the forum. Do you have a suggestion that would make the forum better? Post it here.

MyBB

Postby PowerlinX » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:15 pm

I was thinking, since MyBB is pretty popular, pretty easy and pretty fast. Plus, I like the profile options a lot. Maybe we could use the MyBB merge system to switch.

http://mybboard.net
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
PowerlinX

Re: MyBB

Postby ETorano » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:50 pm

While MyBB is a great piece of software, switching boards at this kind of late stage takes a lot of effort. Plus, my past experience of the merge system is that there can be a few small bugs. Thta was a quite long time ago =P I now use vBulletin.

Member of the
ETorano

Postby PowerlinX » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:43 am

ETorano wrote:While MyBB is a great piece of software, switching boards at this kind of late stage takes a lot of effort. Plus, my past experience of the merge system is that there can be a few small bugs. Thta was a quite long time ago =P I now use vBulletin.
I'm currently testing the new version of the merge system, I'll post my results!
PowerlinX

Postby Aboxcafe » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:43 am

PHPBB3 is the best free forum script you will get

vBulletin is abviously excellent but pricey

MyBB and SMF are also good but arent much customizable and lack some essential features
Demo :
Aboxcafe

Postby ETorano » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:35 am

Ummmh, have you seen MyBB? It's far easier to customize than phpBB. It has a full templating ad plugin/hook system (rather than having to install mods by hand a la phpBB3...)

Member of the
ETorano

Postby PowerlinX » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:45 pm

ETorano wrote:Ummmh, have you seen MyBB? It's far easier to customize than phpBB. It has a full templating ad plugin/hook system (rather than having to install mods by hand a la phpBB3...)
Exactly. What Aboxcafe is saying about MyBB is that it's OK when it's hosted. it's total ownage when it's self-hosted
PowerlinX

Return to Help with the forum and suggestions