Info and Announcements

Blogging and podcasting. The secret to more members?

Forum news and announcements are found here.

Re: Blogging and podcasting. The secret to more members?

Postby sagteck » Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:46 pm

Cyrilshark wrote:For now, we need good quality posts daily to attract new members.
I urge everybody to start making some tutorials, interesting posts, really anything, if it's good, related, and interesting.

Where would the tutorials go? I had posted a few tutorials to gimp-tutorials.net a while back and it's been over a year and still no mod/admin has approved them so the site must be dead.

Also as far as installation and configuration of software goes I'm a Unix/Linux admin by profession so I could help you set up gimper.net/blog. I configure Apache regularly, I see you're running it based on the request headers with the site.

SAM

*EDIT:
Ah never mind. I just realized how old this thread was. I assume you guys never did it since gimper.net/blog gives "Error establishing a database connection"
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
sagteck

Re: Blogging and podcasting. The secret to more members?

Postby Cyrilshark » Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:50 pm

Hi Sagteck.
As far as where to put tutorials, the tutorials forum is fine. Gimp-tutorials is pretty much long since dead. But yeah, we did have the blog up for a bit, but something happened and we never used it so we let it die. Thanks for the offer though!

I'm finally going to unpin and close this topic guys.
"Do not abandon yourselves to despair. We are the Easter people and hallelujah is our song."
Cyrilshark
Administrator

Previous

Return to Info and Announcements