.xcf RDF metadata Spotlight plug-in exists?

Discussion in 'GIMP for Mac' started by ewonder, Nov 13, 2008.

1. ewonder

ewonder New Member

I am a metadata fan, so as soon as I started using GIMP I checked out the options for metadata and it seems that anything that is stored in the .xcf format is in RFT/RDT (I can't remember) format, completely accessible. But Spotlight does not see this data, so I looked into having one developed one and what might be needed. On this board I followed the progress of the QuickLook support plug-in, something else I thought about doing, it seemed fun.

First of all, is there an existing Spotlight plug-in so that metadata from the .xcf files will be seen/indexed by Leopard?

2. deimper

deimper New Member

Home Page:
    It seem no any spotlight plug-in that can get metadata from the .xcf files, just by now. 8O

3. ewonder

ewonder New Member

I recently purchased Pixelmator. Its beautiful and stable, and I'm afraid stability is what made me pay, because GIMP kept crashing. Their metadata display isn't perfect but when I posted feedback about it I got a reply pretty quickly and an assurance that the programmers would be notified.

You and I both have single digit post records, and I got a reply about six months after I posted.

Go figure.