1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Works by a Copycat!

Discussion in 'Large Art' started by gimpeRaven, Apr 3, 2013.

1. gimpeRaven

gimpeRaven Member

a college student, a Gimper and a gamer
    Home Page:
    About the work:
    My sister wanted me to make a digital version of her avatar in gaiaonline. I said that it was possible by copying the image itself then trace it with gimp from scratch. She was already sketching it on paper when I started to do my idea. She wanted the different pose on her sketch while I abandoned then continue then repeat the copying. It was finally completed today. Behold my work as a copycat! ;D

- I also made alternate versions of the original and the white and black invert of my previous work. :wilber:
    - The copying took me 131 xcfs to achieve the original output because of the past problem I had of overwriting my xcf wherein the undo commands were lost. ^-^
    - The upper part down to the shoulder lines were done with Gimp 2.6 (with eyes and lips as colored ones) while the rest are finished in Gimp 2.8 (without being able to apply the layer groups feature because I forgot! [although I was able to test it beforehand]). :D
    - They're all done with mouse, keyboard, pc and Gimp. We almost had a graphics tab but let it passed because I don't want to get ripped off (or rather become poor) from buying new pen nibs because of fast wearing.
    The enlarged avatar image:
    [​IMG]
    Original ver 0:
    [​IMG]
    Alternate ver 1:
    [​IMG]
    Invert ver 2:
    [​IMG]
    Invert of my original past work (not copycat work of course!) entitled Dream: (the words means 'Star' or 'list' and 'Morning' or 'Early')
    [​IMG]

2. ofnuts

ofnuts Member

1) nibs don't wear out that fast
    2) replacements aren't that expensive (6 for the price of a pack of cigarettes around here)
    3) they can be replaced by trimmer line (a lifetime supply of nibs for $5)

3. gimpeRaven

gimpeRaven Member

a college student, a Gimper and a gamer
    Home Page:
    1) it applies to older models like graphire and intuos 3 of wacom I think
    2) I think replacements cost from 15 to $20 here
    3) I have read of improvised solutions and is indeed possible

I shall add the information you've shared which I believe were backed by experience. I will eventually buy one because I want to seek animation skills so maybe after I finished college then work for straight money! Thanks. ;D