Unable to Upload to ANYWHERE

Discussion in 'General GIMP help' started by Kanako_Kuran021, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Kanako_Kuran021

Kanako_Kuran021 New Member

Hi, I'm new here. I just downloaded GIMP 2.6.7 for Windows 7, so I could use it to draw manga b/c I heard it was better and easier to work with than MS Paint, which it is, but when I tried to upload the drawings to Facebook, Photobucket, Fotoflexer, and Deviantart I got a message saying, "ERROR: Unable to upload image" and an icon featuring a blank sheet of paper showed up with the name and size of the I wanted to upload listed below it.
    Is there a way to fix this or I am just going to be unable to upload my artwork to the web?
    Thanks for helping :D

2. Arzoroc

Arzoroc Moderator Staff Member

You probably saved the image as SOMETHING.xcf
    xcf is the general Gimp file extension. With an xcf file, you can save different layers, layer opacities, layer modes etc instead of just saving the flat image itself. It's very very useful if you work on a big and complex project and you want to save it without losing the possibility to edit everything later.
    If you want to save an image to upload it to some website, go to "File -> Save as" and then type in "Blabla.jpg" or "YourFileName.png". Then try to upload it somewhere.