1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tutorial Request

Discussion in 'Gimp Tips & Tutorials' started by blood, May 8, 2014.

1. blood

blood New Member

Hey guys, I want help on how to make something in gimp like this: [​IMG]

I know its an animation, I just want to know that how can I make the light passing through the text effect in gimp :question:

2. blood

blood New Member

bump please help :D

3. conbagui

conbagui New Member

Hi blood, here is the tutorial I made for your request.

[​IMG]

Final result

1. Open a new document 800 x 600 px black as color. Create your Text, I’m using AMCAP font and made the color blue for this tutorial. Right click the Text layer and select Layer to Image size
    [​IMG]

2. Create a New layer and name it “Light”. Change the FB/BG to the default value, and make white as the Foreground, then grab the Gradient tool and change the options: On the Gradient>FG to Transparent, Shape>Bi-Linear.
    [​IMG]

3. Now on the new layer starting from the corner of the first letter diagonally, make a short stroke of white.
    [​IMG]

4. Continue until you cover the whole letter.
    [​IMG]

5. Now duplicate the layer and move the light to the next letter and the next until you cover all letters.
    [​IMG]

6. Select the Text layer, right click and select Alpha to Selection then go to Select>Grow>6. Select>Invert then Duplicate the Text layer 4 times and place them under the light layers.
    [imghttp://i.imgur.com/2CaKidU.png][/img]

7. Merge each Light layer with the underlay Flash layer.
    [​IMG]

8. Now select each layer one by one and press the delete button then Duplicate the background layer 4 times and place them under each Flash layer. Merge down each layer again and go to Select>None. Go to Filters>Render>Playback to see the result. Go to Filters>Render>Optimize for gif then Save as Gif and use the options shown. You’re done.
    [​IMG]

4. blood

blood New Member

could you please make a video tutorial because i keep messing up :d

5. Seloquin

Seloquin New Member

pretty much how i would do it :)