1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tutorial on how to use the g'mic colorize [interactive] & colorize [photographs] filters?

Discussion in 'Gimp Tips & Tutorials' started by Mackenzie, Nov 3, 2014.

1. Mackenzie

Mackenzie New Member

I was wondering if anyone would be willing to do a tutorial on how to use the g'mic colorize [interactive] & colorize [photographs] filters. I still don't get how to use them.

Thanks,
    Mackenzie

2. Henrique Sousa

Henrique Sousa New Member

I am newby too. I could already use both of the colorizing methods but not very successfuly. The interactive method needs some control points of zones we don't want to colorize. Quite often the color goes over near zones we didn't mark. Or it is a question of practice. For the photographs method I went like this: I created above my B&W picture a white layer and then I used the GIMP tool Filters-Renderize-Fog several times with different colors and contrast enhancing. I could produce in this way the color mask from where GIMP would automatically choose the best color for the different zones. Don't forget first the settings on the left part of the G'MIC window. The other settings you would better try, I don't know yet the effect of changing the default values. Then after adjusting luminosity and contrast I obtained this kind of photos in a separate image because I choose this setting.
    But I am not satisfied with the result, such images are also possible without G'MIC, superimposing the mask over the B&W image.

Attached Files:

KiT likes this.
  3. Seloquin

Seloquin New Member

what are you trying to achieve?