text disregards attributes, resets to default? when edited

Discussion in 'GIMP for Windows' started by khaven57, Jul 27, 2012.

1. khaven57

khaven57 New Member

i recently upgraded to 2.8 and now when i open an xcf when i attempt to edit text, even if i just delete one letter, it changes font back to the very first font in the font list(default?), size changes as well, hinting etc. it completely disregards what i had it at. like it can display it right upon opening it, but when i try to edit the text, it acts as if it has no idea what the text's initial attributes were. how do i fix this? it's a real pain in the neck because i have hundreds of fonts and i dont know them all by heart to just change it back, plus hinting and size i would have to guess at too.

any help is much appreciated

EDIT: never mind. im pretty sure now that i just dont have the font anymore, i forgot i did a windows reinstall and i think i forgot to backup some of my fonts. i am curious as to what this guy's problem is though <a class="postlink" href="http://registry.gimp.org/node/26272" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://registry.gimp.org/node/26272</a>

2. Maffe811

Maffe811 The forum pet Staff Member

Re: text disregards attributes, resets to default? when edit

Sans is standard font i belive.
    And the text layer could be messed up in some way, but gimp manages to convert the text back to a text layer, though it changes some of the settings.

3. broken857

broken857 New Member

Re: text disregards attributes, resets to default? when edit

If XQuartz is installed before you upgrade to Mountain Lion, just download the latest installer and run it again to rebuild the links between GIMP and XQuartz.