1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Script-fu recording?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by amagumo, Apr 26, 2010.

1. amagumo

amagumo New Member

Hi all

My problem is : I am doing some image processing manualy for example image transform, gradient ...etc, few steps.
    And I would like to know if it possible to record theese steps as script commands and if so how?
    Pls help
    Thanks

2. fencepost

fencepost Member

Environmental Scientist
    Hi, amagumo, welcome!

GIMP doesn't have a "macro recorder" function like Photoshop does. However, through scripting (a "mini program"), you have a similar capability. I do quite a bit of script writing and, if you can provide me with more details, I can try to assist you with writing what you want. Additionally, I may be able to point you to an existing script.

Any specifics you can provide will help me point you in the right direction.

Art

3. Maffe811

Maffe811 The forum pet Staff Member

fence, i want to learn how to script, but i have read your tut, and i was pretty much stuck...
    could you make a vid tutorial?

4. fencepost

fencepost Member

Environmental Scientist
    Did you start with the one that talks about creating an image with the Console or did you just jump right into the scripting ones? The one using the console really breaks down using the various procedures.

I don't do video tutorials; however, even if I did, you probably wouldn't want to sit through one. I spent a LOT of time do explanations and such and video really wouldn't help much for this topic. Sorry. A couple of years ago, I was gonna do an online chat session on creating a basic script. Due to a number of reasons, the session was never held. Maybe I'll plan one again in the future.