1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poster for our school seminar

Discussion in 'Large Art' started by gimpeRaven, Jul 31, 2014.

1. gimpeRaven

gimpeRaven Member

a college student, a Gimper and a gamer
    Home Page:
    We conducted a seminar as a requirement for our seminars and field trips course in college. Posters were posted in FB page so that the students enrolled in that class will get informed. The final output is the blue one. Used an old poster created with Gimp too.
    Font: Photonica
    Hot metal effect: Glowing Hot [File -> Create -> Logos -> Glowing Hot]
    Remove the black background when merging the layers. You can use colorize [Colors -> Colorize] filter later to get the desired color you want. =]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Roma

Roma Moderator Staff Member

Home Page:
    Both of them are well done though I would leave out the sparks brush and try aligning the entire text, or atleast everything except for the first to lines, on just one vertical axis.
    The "and" is quite distracting at it' s current position too, maybe you can just delete that or move it to the left as well.

gimpeRaven likes this.
  3. gimpeRaven

gimpeRaven Member

a college student, a Gimper and a gamer
    Home Page:
    You also reached the same conclusion with my neighbor saying that the "and" is out of placed. I just thought while making it that the big letters should be focused then balance the right part in "weight". On the alignment of text part, I can't understand how to make it better.

4. Roma

Roma Moderator Staff Member

Home Page:
    Actually the "and" does the opposite for me. It stands out immediately and throws the text block out of balance.
    With the text alignment I meant that the last 3 lines should start left-aligned like the ones before that.

I just noticed the line spacing in the last 3 lines seems to be irregular, that' s a little distracting too.