1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My first shot

Discussion in 'Signatures and Small Art' started by Antisk, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Antisk

Antisk New Member

Well after many tutorials I follow I can start to play a little bit with Gimp but it's very slow.
    Actually I can not call that "play" yet , but no problem I don't give up .
    Most of time I'm searching theses tools,functions,filters,etc... I'm trying some stuffs and many times that's so ugly , so i erase and restart again lol .

Finally I 've done something , not pretty good I guess but that's better than last week . This one be done by following a french tutorial found on a french Forum.

[​IMG]

PS: Please don't hesitate to report me my errors with my English too, thanks .

2. Cyrilshark

Cyrilshark Active Member

Student
    Hi! It's a good start! Is this one of your first signatures? If so, it's even more so impressive. You should see mine...

Anyways, it's a good idea to check out other threads in the signature section. See what other people do. If you see something you like, there's no reason you can't ask for help replicating a certain effect or something. :)

3. Shyftcode

Shyftcode Member

Attempted graphic designing occupation.
    Home Page:
    As Cyril said, look around and see if you can't find some help, the people here are really friendly and (seem to) love to help ^_^

By the way, I love that text. It reminds me of the old Discovery Kids channel I used to watch when I was little :D

4. Antisk

Antisk New Member

Thanks guys , yes my first "serious" signature , before that it was a background with gradient effect + Text . And like I said until couple days the work did not acceptable .
    Since 2 weeks I read a lot of tut every where I can if I can understand them , then I can see what it is possible to do with Gimp you right guys.
    Sometimes I'm surprise to see the result and I'm wondering why people always talking about PS all time, perhaps they like me , they don't know how to use Gimp .
    Actually I find it very powerful, but a powerful tool need some great skills :p

5. Shyftcode

Shyftcode Member

Attempted graphic designing occupation.
    Home Page:
    GIMP is powerful, and just like PS, its got a learning curve.