1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Minutes after impact

Discussion in 'Large Art' started by Martin, Mar 14, 2015.

1. Martin

Martin New Member

Hello. I made another photomanipulation. If you like it also watch this speedart:

And here is the picture:
    Minutes after impact - resize.jpg

LovethatLucy1 and KiT like this.
  2. KiT

KiT Administrator Staff Member

Mad skills!

3. Martin

Martin New Member

Thank you :)

4. Seloquin

Seloquin New Member

well done, just looks a little off to me, like to the right the crater seems elevated above the low roofs but everywhere else it seems ground level. also and especially with the main dust cloud, there's no shadows casted inside the smoke so looks like there's no volume to it and its motionless. also, what would hit two buildings, manage to decapitate one, and not be present in the creator? so to me, too many skyscrapers are hit at different angles of the crator, and the crator is shaped as though something hit it from above dead center and not from the side.

sorry if my critique seems harsh in anyway but they're the things i've noticed.

regards.

5. David Wood

David Wood Moderator Staff Member

Freelance graphic designer and visual effects arti
    Home Page:
    Yeah, the right side of the crater does not blend well with the ground or buildings, work on that and it will be much better. Also the smoke as Seloquin said, needs some shadows on it because it looks very flat.

6. Martin

Martin New Member

Thank you, guys, for your comments. You´re right. The smoke lacks of shadows. I will work on it.
    Those skyscrapers are damaged by smaller meteors.

7. Seloquin

Seloquin New Member

i look foward to seeing the changes, its very hard to merge images i don't think i could do it as well, to me you've done a great job with what you have made so far, just little details will give it more realism and blend it all together better.

8. LovethatLucy1

LovethatLucy1 Member

Pretty d#@n impressive! I like the path of destruction leading into the city.
    And great job on the smoke....that is no easy feat to make.
    I would billow it out a bit more as if wind were cutting through it. A force like that is bound to create a fierce swirl of wind, right?
    And maybe cast a shadow from the smoke over the buildings in the lower right corner, considering the light source is coming from the upper left side of the crater and pic.
    I agree with Seloquin about the angle of the crater, but a bit more of your very mad skills and I'm sure you can do some scraping and scorching into the ground to show the angle of impact.
    And maybe some more damage to the other buildings around the crater, like chunks of buildings that were destroyed by the impact having flown up and out onto surrounding buildings.
    I'm telling you right now there is NO way I could have done what you did here....I'm still an infant in the Gimp program. So I have great respect for your skills. I'm a "Jacqueline of all trades, master of some" (lol) and art is one of them, so the things I suggested are things I've learned to consider when creating a piece.

Hope this helped! I can't wait to see what you do with this already impressive piece.

Take care and God bless!
    ~Carol Sue