member of the month?

Discussion in 'Help with the forum and suggestions' started by lastonestanding, Apr 21, 2009.

1. AcornComicsInc

AcornComicsInc Member

GIMP User, 2-Dimensional Explorer
    People can just as easily make a new account and spam thank their main account's posts. Yeah though,I like the idea of voting on a person. A few people could be nominated and then voted on.
  2. Danation

Danation New Member

I know I'm the guy who got the "thanks" button rolling, but my opinion is that is should be a vote.

I'm not here real often, but I notice on other forums, when a senior member helps a "n00b" they often don't get thanked. And when somebody cracks a funny joke, they get 8 thanks. Which doesn't really bother me, but it shows me that thanks count is only a helpful indicator and a nice pat on the back, not empirical evidence that a member deserves an award.

Though the "popularity contest" argument has merit as well. You can have a bunch of friends vote for you, even if you haven't done anything of importance.

Any way to incorporate both?
  3. Stanley

Stanley Member

Student
    Home page:
    Or maybe the admin/mod's could vote for the best member, I think they should be able to be neutral... :p