1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marcus Phoenix

Discussion in 'Large Art' started by sagteck, Dec 10, 2010.

1. sagteck

sagteck Member

Home Page:
    Dude... you can stop saying, "This work is my own." It's kind of repetitive and like saying, "My ideas are from my thoughts."

We assume the work is your own if you're posting it on this forum. If it is not your own when you post it then that is when you state, "Check this out, it looks cool but I didn't make it."

I'm not a big fan of gizzing my name all over my art work because it takes away from the art. Unless you're a painter on canvas then keep that shiz off there (recommendation not required). It would make it look better.

The only time I would recommend you putting your name in the artwork is if you're clever about it and hide it so that it isn't noticeable. Like this:

[​IMG]
    (one of my very first works when I was using sag47 as my username)

2. sky-fyre

sky-fyre Active Member

Just a question, but why are you posting on a GIMP forum when you use Photoshop?

Also, do you mind posting the original? I like seeing how people manip :) (Having done my own manips before)

3. sagteck

sagteck Member

Home Page:
    People like me? What have I done to you? I didn't force you to rip. That aside, I wasn't confronting your piece. I gave you advice on how to improve it. No need to blow a gasket.

I even went so far as to give you a sample of what I meant.

4. Maffe811

Maffe811 The forum pet Staff Member

i dont see no sample :(

5. MzLegendary-pirate

MzLegendary-pirate Member

I do like the piece has nice texture/color and what not. But it's sort of bland.
    The original would maybe help me see the changes that you made to add that Wow factor.