Lucid Desktop (Web Based OS)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mikethedj4, Dec 21, 2010.

1. mikethedj4

mikethedj4 Member

Freelancer, Inventor
    Home Page:
    Well I'm not gonna lie, GlideOS is my favorite web based OS, but I just foundout about another web based OS, in which I don't like as much, but I like how it was designed, and knowing me being a Linux user you'll understand why I thought I'd share about the Lucid Desktop.

2. gimpeRaven

gimpeRaven Member

a college student, a Gimper and a gamer
    Home Page:
    Web based OS? First time hearing that. I know online file backups and now web based OS.

So any reviews from Speed on why Glide is your favorite webOS and Lucid Linux not one of your likes?

(BTW are the apps in the mobile desktop provided by Glide and free?)

3. Maffe811

Maffe811 The forum pet Staff Member

Google has one i think!

4. mikethedj4

mikethedj4 Member

Freelancer, Inventor
    Home Page:
    Before I foundout about Glide I knew about Cloudo, and I posted an article of it, and I first foundout about web based operating systems back in 2007, and I believe they started before then. Ghost used to be my favorite until they f*cked everything up. You can use Glide for free, and you can pay for additional space, I mainly like it, cause I can connect to it with my smartphone, and the software built into the Lucid Web OS sucks, and is terrible. I just didn't like it at all.

I still like Cloudo, and use it quite a lot when I'm bored, and I'm still in a mix between Cloudo, and Glide, cause I really like them both, the only advantage I think that Cloudo has over Glide is that it has a built in web browser, and a development toolkit that you can use to develop software for the site in XML.

Yeah Google has one too, and theirs sucks as well it's not cross browser, you must have IE, and it has the same damn name as their Linux OS called gOS (Stands for Good OS) and I tried their Linux OS, which is based off of Ubuntu 8.04, and I didn't like it at all, maybe it was cause of what they put in it, but it was just terrible for me.

5. Arzoroc

Arzoroc Moderator Staff Member

It's not IE it's Chrome afaik

6. Maffe811

Maffe811 The forum pet Staff Member

Yeah, i was just wondering what the hell googled did with microsoft software :p

7. mikethedj4

mikethedj4 Member

Freelancer, Inventor
    Home Page:
    They made the web OS before Chrome was out, idk if it'll work on it now or not, cause I haven't gone to the site. I'll try, and find it in a bit, working on some legal issues now.