1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logo request for my friend

Discussion in 'Large Art' started by gimpeRaven, Jul 31, 2014.

1. gimpeRaven

gimpeRaven Member

a college student, a Gimper and a gamer
    Home Page:
    In the past, an old friend and classmate in high school requested for a logo for her school in college. She provided her design drawn by hand on paper. Just traced the lines and tried to do a stained glass effect. She wanted it to be in a shield so I looked for an image in the net but found nothing that is good for me so I created one. My childhood friend CnC'd my work and said that there was no texture in the stained glass and that the shield have two out of placed lines wherein both are true. She said it was ok already so I was too lazy to make another version lol. All done from scratch in GIMP.
    Used the noise filter with cloud pattern for the stained glass and default gradient for the shield.
    [​IMG]

2. Roma

Roma Moderator Staff Member

Home Page:
    The sudden gradients in the shield seem a little harsh to me and don' t really make sense if the shield is all smooth metal. Other than that I think the shield is well done.
    I would also try overlaying a texture for the stained glass effect instead and removing the soft border on top of the logo.

gimpeRaven likes this.
  3. gimpeRaven

gimpeRaven Member

a college student, a Gimper and a gamer
    Home Page:
    All points are indeed true. An ideal shield is something like shiny without a scratch but making it more realistic w/ textures might be better. The rest are undeniably true.