1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ideal Gimp Layout

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by humblejohnny20, Nov 20, 2010.

1. humblejohnny20

humblejohnny20 Member

Are there any other gimp themes?
    I set the small theme to automatically start, seems to works alot better. Also if you drag the panel over and close the tool options palette, it feels alot more like photoshop's compact interface - more space for the image, and, and you can double click on the tools to open the options dialogue, which I really like. Are there any other tricks to know?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There are other Gimp themes and there's Gimp Themes v1.0 for Windows which contains few themes that can change the color and look of the themes (then you can decide which font to see in texts).
    And what layouts? Gimp is made of many dialog boxes that can be moved and a single window is coming to the next features but I'm already fine with many boxes.
    If you already know the themes then that's better. :wilber:

3. gimpeRaven

gimpeRaven Member

a college student, a Gimper and a gamer
    Home Page:
    This is the direct link for Gimp themes and it is an installer. ^-^

4. humblejohnny20

humblejohnny20 Member

Thanks. Do these work on linuxes also or just windows (I use both).

I typed in "Aurora Dark Steel" on google which is a theme someone mentioned on that site, in hopes of finding the single theme and got no results other than the mentioned site

Actually I think in linux changing the OS theme might have an effect on gimp's look if I remember right.

NICE!

<a class="postlink" href="http://arstechnica.com/open-source/reviews/2010/02/hands-on-new-single-window-mode-makes-gimp-less-gimpy.ars" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://arstechnica.com/open-source/revi ... -gimpy.ars</a>

Thanks for mentioning that, I can't wait until thats implemented.

I tried Gimp Box which is a script to make gimp use a single window, works very nicely..

Gimp box is very easy to set up and seems very functional at first, but theres a problem. The undo keyboard shortcut doesn't work here

5. gimpeRaven

gimpeRaven Member

a college student, a Gimper and a gamer
    Home Page:
    There are pieces of clues from Gimper! ~:eek:
    When I searched for Gimp themes in the past I found these windows borders and themes/controls and hopes it works on any Linux. Or is it for Gnome only?

I want the windows borders but they're tarball or tz something for Linux ~noes but they also have awesome splash screens and bgs ~up