1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How create Flawless Skin in GIMP (process/tutorial) exist ?

Discussion in 'Other' started by freestuffaddict, Sep 14, 2012.

1. freestuffaddict

freestuffaddict New Member

See the Screenshot below please. Let me know if an equivalent process and/or tutorial exists, whether you are a member, independent visitor of this site, or a staff member. Thank you all.

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I have never personally used photoshop - these screenshots look very similar to me though - I've heard gimp being referred to as a photoshop clone - would be obliged if this is possible similarly in gimp as described here.. thanks again.

2. virtualTune

virtualTune Active Member

Home Page:
    Re: How create Flawless Skin in GIMP (process/tutorial) exis

In either program I find it a lot easier and not at all worse to simply duplicate the layer (just in case) and use the smudge tool with a fuzzy brush at <20 strength to smudge the skin. takes a bit of practice though. Tipp: use small strokes for more accurate results.

3. Arzoroc

Arzoroc Moderator Staff Member

There's many many tutorials on smoother skin for Gimp. You can google them or search them on YouTube. But as vT said, there's easier ways than the described one.

Anyway, almost every step on this tutorial can be done in Gimp as well.

1) Duplicate and desaturate (same in Gimp)
    2) Filters > Blur > Surface Blur === Filters > Blur > Selective Gaussian Blur (different name in Gimp)
    3) Make a layer mask and paste the middle layer onto the layer mask of the top one ( ::) same in Gimp)
    4) Image > Adjustments > Levels === Colors > Levels (different name in Gimp)
    5) Make layer visible and play with opacity. (same in Gimp)

Photoshop doesn't have too many filters that Gimp does not have. Some have different names and different settings but that's about it mostly. (I do envy their brush dynamics though ;D)

4. freestuffaddict

freestuffaddict New Member

Sorry I took so long to get back to this. I THANKED all posts. Upon a closer looker into this, I found that I did notice that GIMP's GUI does seem to resemble "a poor man's PhotoShop" which I've heard it referred to. Now, I know firsthand why. Thanks Again.