1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey y'all ! So happy to be here!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by LovethatLucy1, Apr 25, 2015.

1. LovethatLucy1

LovethatLucy1 Member

Hi there! So happy to have found you! My name is Carol Sue. I first started using GIMP back when I was editing our wedding photos in 2012. I found out about this site by someone thankfully posting about it in another forum. I'm joining any forum and GIMP site I can find. Not a traitor, just a seeker of knowledge, lol. In the words of Johnny 5 from Short Circuit "Must have input. Neeeed input!" :p

Just recently though I've really started digging my heels in and learning the program more, but I'm still pretty much an infant in comparison with the masters out there. I bow down to you! Lol

I'm looking forward to learning all there is to know. I'm naturally an artist who does pencil portrait, video editing and making, hand paints murals, Christmas ornaments, and just about anything someone asks of me to either paint or draw I do my best to create. I also love doing customized pieces of furniture, as well as refurbishes furniture for a living.

Currently, I'm working on editing some photos I took of my friend's son's birth. I'm attaching what I've done so far. It's not fantastic but it's a start, right? I just did a lot of airbrushing and blending of colors, played around with the smudge tool a lot. But there is still so much to learn that at times it could make your head spin....am I right? LOL

Anyway, glad to be here and looking forward to making tons of new friends here.

Take good care and God bless!

Attached Files:

KiT likes this.
  2. David Wood

David Wood Moderator Staff Member

Freelance graphic designer and visual effects arti
    Home Page:
    Hello Carol, welcome to Gimper! I like what you've done with the picture so far, let us know if there is anything else you need.

David

3. LovethatLucy1

LovethatLucy1 Member

Thank you, David. I actually wanted to thank you for what you wrote in your intro message on here. It was through you that I also joined up with Gimpchat.com and somewhere else ....I can't remember. I've pulled an all nighter working on 3 big pics. I'll upload them here so you can tell me what you think. The first 2 are of an aluminum cast wall plaque that I was commissioned to paint. Please let me know which one is your favorite. I plan on using it for my cover photo of a new fb page I am putting together of all my different artistic works and the services I offer. The second one is of my niece , nephews, daugher and grandson. I'm going to include the original pic as well so you can see all the changes I've made thanks to the awesomesness of GIMP.

I look forward to your input :-D
    Take good care and God bless!
    ~Carol Sue~ Eagle 2-FINAL Scaled down with 2nd flag, new head, eye beak.jpg Eagle 3-FINAL Scaled down with Flag,  new head, eye & beak.jpg All The Kids-Before editing.jpg All The Kids- Final Edit 2, On the Beach with bucket and shovel.jpg

4. David Wood

David Wood Moderator Staff Member

Freelance graphic designer and visual effects arti
    Home Page:
    I'm partial to the fireworks. Nice job with the family photo, the edges are a little rough but other than that it looks pretty good. I suggest learning to use the Paths tool, it's the best way to render out an object in Gimp. :)

5. LovethatLucy1

LovethatLucy1 Member

I'm lucky to have learned what little I know of doing layers this week. LOL But I'll definitely start digging in and finding out more about the paths tool. I have no idea what it does yet. I worked on two more last night and here they are. They're part of my friends baby's birth album I'm doing. A bit rough but not bad I guess for a beginner. Although it's really bugging me that I couldn't get the program to work for me and allow me to soften up the edges of the clouds near my friends arm. Ugh! Oh well, he'll like it I know for a fact, lol. After this my tired butt is going to bed. Oh and thank you so much for always getting back to me and your awesome input :-D
    Bye for now! Russ looking down at Bryan.jpg Russ holding Bryan with flames background 3.jpg

6. astevn816

astevn816 New Member

welcome to the forum