1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help- Playing Cards Template

Discussion in 'General GIMP help' started by Anonymous, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am sure this is a simple thing, I just don't know how to do it. I am trying to design some decks of playing cards.

What I want to do is create a layout or template. One that will allow me to change the card design easily. Without having to redraw each card over and over again. This will mainly be for cards 2-10. So the design of the suite (Hearts, Spades, Clubs and Diamonds) can be redesigned while still keeping the layout.

I imagine it will be a layout like a proof sheet. Two for each suite, one for 2-10 and one for royals and aces.

Any ideas how I can speed this process up would be appreciated. :wilber:

2. istarlome

istarlome Member

make a .xcf file of all the things that will be the same. keep the layers.

then use this to create a card and save as a different name as a .xcf and .png

next delete the new layers and do the next card....

3. Maffe811

Maffe811 The forum pet Staff Member

il might make an example!

4. Maffe811

soon done, made the brushes ;)

5. Maffe811

Here is a *.zip file with 4 brushes (Clubs, diamonds, hearts and spades) and a card template in *.png and *.xcf

Enjoy and tell me what you think...

Bragging time:
    Im really pleased with my self when i can give help to someone... even if it didnt help, just knowing that i got a way to... kind help, im happey!!!

Well, the brushes are 100x100 images with, i think wingding (or soo), that has the clubs, spades, ect. ..
    So i took all the "symbols" and made them into *.gbr
    I didnt index them, that what you need for the user to change color right (?), so they are black/red... if wrong, gimme a note and il fix it as soon as posible!!

Enjoy :D

6. Maffe811

come on guys, i wanna know how i did!!!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Help- Playing Cards Template -Clarification

First let me say thanks for the suggestions and the Brushes.

I'm sorry, I should have clarified more in my first post.
    I'm not just looking to make one card at a time. I am looking to make a template that will allow me to make a whole suit of a deck with just a few quick changes. Fill in one blank and have the rest auto populate.

For example, if I have 5 heart designs. Then I turn all 5 of them into suits of five different card decks. I won't have to hand draw 45 cards. (If doing cards 2-10) The Royals and Aces already get special attention.

I have made several brushes and a rounded card layout. But it still takes awhile to place each shape/symbol on each card. That's 54 spaces for each suite in a deck.

You can see why I am trying to find a time saver.

So, is it possible to make a template that will auto populate or replicate. One image/design into several predetermined spots of a template? :question:

If it is, how would I do that?

Once again thanks for all the previous suggestions and I appreciate any future suggestions. :wilber: