1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Happy New Year!

Discussion in 'Fairy Land' started by virtualTune, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Arzoroc

Arzoroc Moderator Staff Member

I really can't imagine 250 to be any fun (even with windshields). I mean... go drive 200+ with a car and stick your hand out of the window (and pray to god no bee hits your hand ;D). I can't imagine what a full-body exposure to that wind must feel like.

That being said, I never passed ~160km/h myself because our car won't do any more :p Highest speed as a passenger was ~220 in an Audi A5. But seeing the gas needle drop from moment to moment was kind of heartbreaking with the current gas prizes ;D

2. virtualTune

virtualTune Active Member

Home Page:
    I really enjoy taking fast corners and generally taking the car to its limits. Be that on a curvy country road or on the autobahn. Usually I don;t get the chance to go fast on the autobahn though. Traffic and general safety is blocking me from going past 200 most of the time. But if there is room and visibility is good, I have no problem with going 250, which is where the car maxes out :(
    About the wind, I am not THAT concerned about wind coming from speed as I am looking at Racing bikes right now and they are all shaped in a way that creates as little wind resistance as possible, so I doubt I will be feeling much of it on the body. I am well aware that side winds or simply driving behind a semitruck can be very dangerous with a light bike and takes a lot of skill to counter. But it is not like my first bike will be an R6 or Ninja Zx-ANYTHING. I will most likely go for either an older 250R or a new Ninja 300.