GIMP splash screen contest on gimpusers.com

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by devvv, Jan 10, 2011.

1. devvv

devvv New Member

Hello gimper.net community,

we've just started our first gimpusers.com contest!

The topic on this contest is to create your own GIMP splash screens. We've established an automatic contest system, where users can ulpoad up to 3 contest images in the submission period (Jan. 11th – Feb. 2nd). After that everyone will be able to see your work and vote/comment on it. That voting determines the best splash screens.

Please have a look here for details: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.gimpusers.com/contests/6" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.gimpusers.com/contests/6</a>

We would be happy to see you participating in the contest :) If you have questions please do not hesitate to ask!

Thanks,
    Bernhard

2. virtualTune

virtualTune Active Member

Home Page:
    i would like to participate but i don't think i need another account. Isn't there another way to submit works. Maybe all works through one gimper.net user (eg. you)?

-thx for thinking of us! did you post the same on gimptalk? (if yes i am not even gonna try :( )

3. devvv

devvv New Member

Hi virtualTune!

Sorry, I cannot submit it for you, you've to create another account because we don't allow guest submissions due to spam (currently there is a real flood on spammers because of the recently hacked reCaptcha... :-/

Uhm, yes, I announced the contest there too! gimpusers has no own forum, so I want to reach the people that did not have signed up on our site, thats why I post it on the big GIMP forums...
    What do you mean with "if yes i am not even gonna try"?

kind regards,
    bernhard

ps: funny sig ;)

4. Scrapie

Scrapie Member

Home Page:
    I would LOVE to participate but I dont know if I'll find the time = (

5. virtualTune

Home Page:
    Well, if people from Gimptalk, know about this, then I will save my time and not worry about it. Most of them are a whole nother level o_O

I also agree with Scrapie. If the deadline was pushed 1 week it would be a lot easier, due to finals from Jan 17-28 :(

6. MzLegendary-pirate

MzLegendary-pirate Member

Yeah, I agree there are some Very talented people over at GT.
    Thanks for the heads up Bernhard

7. devvv

devvv New Member

mhm, okay maybe we push the deadline 1 week back, how would you like that ;) ? do you think this will make more people contribute? As for the ones submitted right now they're not too special, so there is still a chance to win, however there are no prices - its just for glory and honor hehe...

8. Rod

Rod Moderator Staff Member

I submitted one. =)
    <a class="postlink" href="http://www.gimpusers.com/system/contests/results/142-67082-gimp-splash-medium.jpg?1294762359" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.gimpusers.com/system/contest ... 1294762359</a>

9. Arzoroc

Arzoroc Moderator Staff Member

I'll see what I can do ;)

Only for devvv:

Warum ist nur der englische Teil der Seite bei dem Wettbewerb dabei? Ich schau öfter mal auf die deutsche Seite und wäre jetzt nicht drauf gestoßen wenn du es nicht hier geschrieben hättest. Vielleicht könntest du auf der deutschen Seite n kleines Banner verlinken oder so.
    Und beim Datum der deutschen Seite steht 12 Jän statt 12 Jan :eek:

10. devvv

devvv New Member

N1 Rod ;) Currently there are 4 submissions, hopefully more to come soon - I'm gonna push the deadline I think.

Only for Arzo:

Hmm, ja das ist so ne Sache, da wir ja eine komplett eigene Seite für unsere deutschen User haben, und für alle anderen gibt es die englische Seite. Wir hatten außerdem schon einen GIMP 2.8-Contest auf der deutschen Seite, und ich wär net so begeistert, wenn die User dann von damals ihre ganzen Splashscreens nochmals hochladen... Wäre wieder ein ziemlicher Aufwand, das zu überprüfen und dann zu disqualifizieren und so... Aber beide Seiten haben dieselben Login-Daten, d.h. man kann problemlos auch mitmachen wenn man will. Nen Banner mach ich nicht weil ich es nicht promoten will, aber viell. schreib ich etwas in die Kommentare! Das "Jän" ist eig. nicht falsch, in Österreich sagt man Jänner statt Januar :) btw: devvv mit 3 v *g*

11. Arzoroc

Okay, I want to participate but there's a lot going on with school and stuff... it could take a while for me to upload it ;D
    Feb 2nd sounds doable though...

12. virtualTune

Home Page:
    if you push it by one week, it would be a lot better. Finals are next week, all over the country for high school students. Thus we are very busy studying, and won't have time to work on a splash screen.

Only for devvv:
    Ich mach dann auch auf jeden Fall mit! :)

13. Rod

Rod Moderator Staff Member

Holy #1 splash Screens Batman! 8) :wilber: <rocks!

14. Maffe811

Maffe811 The forum pet Staff Member

I have 2 presantation 2 papers that has to be deliverd/turned in/givven to the teacher... whatever... and then i have 2 or 3 test... all in the next week :p

Even i got this, and im norweigan... :p
    Did you know that in Österreich the sey Jänner and Januar ?
    In norway we say Januar as well!
    (Jänner=Januar=January :p Cpt.Obvious!)

15. devvv

devvv New Member

I've extended the deadline last week for 5 days - so there is time until Feb. 8th now ;) hope that helps some of the guys and girls that are busy because of school/work/university/etc...

I'm wondering how many people speak German here :p Norwegian is also sometimes well understood by Germans I guess - so cool that you understand what I wrote Maffe811 :D

There are about 10 splash screen entries so far (only admins can see them all by now), but personally I can't say which is the best... I'm interested how the votes are distributed after the submissions can be viewd by all users.

16. Maffe811

Uhm... a whole page for german users.... and a english for the others... you had a gimp 2.8 contest on the german site.... you werent so exited cause... sumthing sumthing about spalsh screens... sumthing about a disqualification.... there was sumthing with the login... sumthing about... promoting your site/contest... there this "Jän" thing in the comments, it wasnt false cause in Austira the have Jänner as Januar (wich is January) :p
    Hows that for a translation? :p

17. Arzoroc

Quite good actually ;D

But .. the post reminded me that I forgot to make a splash screen -.- Damn!

18. MzLegendary-pirate

MzLegendary-pirate Member

Just remembered I have one ;D

19. Maffe811

i have 3..... or 4....