1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gimp menu error

Discussion in 'GIMP for Mac' started by rickiac, Mar 24, 2008.

1. rickiac

rickiac New Member

Using Leopard 10.5.2, I dload'd gimp 2.4.5. When I try to open any menu (file, etc..) the menu appears behind the tool pallet and can not be seen. Any ideas on how to fix this? ???

Attached Files:

2. OnyX

OnyX New Member

Hello Rickiac

I try to give you two screnshots, but its not funktion.??.

This maybe help you:

< File> scroll down to Install > Scroll down to Window-Change > chose the botton-one > Normal Window and select > Keep ontop..

Can you&nbsp; tell me how screnshots attatch to this pages.

ONYx :)

3. Auria

Auria Member

That's a known X11 problem unfortunately... is it a clean install or did you modifiy some settings in preferences? Usually it should not happen from a clean install...

Try to shrink the toolbar dialog as much as you can horizontally so you can still click the menu at the right... access element "preferences" in menu "file" (under the first separator)

When you reach the preferences dialog, go to "window management", and change both "hint" combos to "normal window"
    then quit GIMP and restart, it should be fixed

4. rickiac

rickiac New Member

ONYx: I used Grab, the built in mac OSX utility to take the screen shots. I then used gimp to convert to .JPG (save as:). Then on my post, I clicked the arrow on the lower left side that says "Additional Options" then hit the&nbsp; "Choose File" button and selected the file.

Thanks

5. rickiac

rickiac New Member

THANKS! Auria, that worked!
    :) :D