1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Free textures from Texturegen

Discussion in 'Other' started by Texturegen, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Texturegen

Texturegen New Member

Home Page:
    I'd like to share my free textures site: Texturegen Free Textures - which features a large selection of quality free textures to download and use in your work.

2. Arzoroc

Arzoroc Moderator Staff Member

Hey there!

Can you give us a little more information on your site for user convenience? If you're posting advertisement for your site here, you should at least make it easier for us to know what it's about ;)

- Where do you get your images? Are they shot by yourself? Did you collect them from other sites? Did you pay people to shoot them?
    - What are the terms and conditions on your images?
    - Are there any things we need to know before using your service? (Max. amount of images, redistribution etc)

3. Texturegen

Texturegen New Member

Home Page:
    Hello! All the images on the site are original - I've shot or created them all myself. I do my best to clean up and enhance the images and do a bit of lens correction where necessary to try and get them looking their best before posting them up on the site. The aim is to offer quality rather than quantity, and as a graphic designer myself I guess the types of images I like lean more towards creative use than things like 3D modelling - although I'm told many of them are very good for that sort of thing as well.

The site actually started as a side project to my long standing free stock photo site Photogen (which I am currently updating to work a little more like the texture site does) but I really enjoy finding, shooting and using the textures, so it's ended up growing into a reasonable sized collection that I felt merited it's own site, as they're likely to be used differently to a stock photo.

All the images are free to download and use for both commercial and personal projects - you can use them pretty much as you would any royalty free image you would normally pay for. No credit or back link is necessary.

There is no maximum and the only real restriction is not to simply download and redistribute them without modification as your own - you are free to distribute them as part of something you have created.

4. Arzoroc

Alright, I'd say we can leave this here then ;)

Also, kudos for shooting that many high quality photos! If you take suggestions, I've heard many times that flames/fire are frequently requested, so you might wanna get some for your site :)

5. Texturegen

Texturegen New Member

Home Page:
    Thanks for the feedback! There are a couple of fire images on my stock photo site at the moment, Photogen, which as I say is being updated over the next few days so that registration is no longer required to download. But I will definitely try and shoot some more fire images when I can.

I probably can't take requests as such but if anyone has any pointers as to the type of textures you're looking for I can certainly do my best to seek out some of those things and try and add them to the library when I can.

6. Cyrilshark

Cyrilshark Active Member

Student
    That's all good and well, we'll have to ask you to take the link out of your signature - it's not an advertising box. :)

7. Texturegen

Texturegen New Member

Home Page:
    Apologies, it's gone now.

On a more positive note, as it's very cold here tonight and we've got the fire on, I've just shot a series of fire and flame backgrounds which I've uploaded to the site here. I hope they are useful.

8. Arzoroc

Great work there :) Glad to see someone so dedicated to his site and so quick in responding to suggestions.

9. virtualTune

virtualTune Active Member

Home Page:
    wow this is great. I can really use these for some animations in Cinema 4D :)

10. Cyrilshark

Cyrilshark Active Member

Student
    Great shots of the fire - I'll bookmark these for later use :)

11. Roma

Roma Moderator Staff Member

Home Page:
    I think these are really nice, thanks for posting, might use them in the future :)

12. Shyftcode

Shyftcode Member

Attempted graphic designing occupation.
    Home Page:
    Hey Tex, I used one of your textures, a metal paneling, for the background in an avatar I did for someone.
    If you'd like to look at it, its Here

13. Texturegen

Texturegen New Member

Home Page:
    That looks great, thanks for the link - it's always inspiring to see what people are making with my images.