1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forum feature question: New Posts and others

Discussion in 'Help with the forum and suggestions' started by gimpeRaven, Jul 31, 2014.

1. gimpeRaven

gimpeRaven Member

a college student, a Gimper and a gamer
    Home Page:
    Hello guys. I'm just curious about this feature if this functions the same way as the old "view unanswered posts" do. I noticed also that since there are old posts and posts about resources / downloadable files, maybe a posts finder that filters post and categorizes them as an unanswered and / or a question topic.

Another thing is that I can't find the thread icons (warning, exclamation, question, notice, etc) also together with the Wilber emoticons. I miss Wilber! >.<

Btw, the watch thread is a cool option. *Thumbs up*

2. KiT

KiT Administrator Staff Member

hey gimpeRaven, sorry for the late reply.

1) unfortunately we can not offer such a fine grain filter to display "newest posts", but we do offer RSS feeds for each category. Alternatively if you click into a forum category on the top right there is a link "Watch Forum" - you can use it to add forums into your personal watch-list (incl. email notification on new posts), you can configure it here: http://gimper.net/watched/forums - I hope this comes at least close to your feature request?

2) we do not offer "thread-icons" anymore, instead they are replaced by the participating avatars, which I think has much more meaning (in context of a "community" than showing various icons, where a beginner would first have to lookup the meaning.

3) yes wilber emoticons are missing, actually realized it after I upgraded the forum - I will search in the backups if I can still find them! Sorry for that :/

Edit:

Ok I just added wilber as a smiley and the gimp toolbox.

:wilber::bucketfill::brightnesscontrast::move::paintbrush::scale::text: etc...

Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
    gimpeRaven likes this.
  3. gimpeRaven

gimpeRaven Member

a college student, a Gimper and a gamer
    Home Page:
    Yay we have Wilbur again! :wilber: The addition of the Gimp toolbox icons is also helpful for tutorials!
    Paths tool: :path: (B)
    Paintbrush: :paintbrush: (P)
    I understand the effects of the forum upgrade and knows that it is for the best of all. I believe others will also find the new forum more cooler. Thank you for enlightening me KiT.